Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Use Model X with lemon Title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm looking onto upgrading my S to an X and found this used X with 5k miles P90D and while going over realize it has a lemon title. Apparently it was purchase back by Tesla and then put back in the market. Unfortunately no one can tell me from the sales team to the customer service line what was wrong with it or what was the process to put it back in the market. Can anyone help me understanding the process and if it is worth it to consider buying it?

Thank you.

FWIW: Even if price is good, I'd tend to shy away from this vehicle.....X is a great vehicle but there have been occasional technological gremlins on some vehicles ( overall, I have confidence in the vehicle since I'm picking up my 2nd next week ) that have been challenging to fix.

btw: I'm reminded of the line: lemons are for lemonade. How long have you had your S?

Last edited:
FWIW: Even if price is good, I'd tend to shy away from this vehicle.....X is a great vehicle but there have been an occasional technological gremlins on some vehicles ( overall, I have confidence in the vehicle since I'm picking up my 2nd next week ) that have challenging to fix.

btw: I'm reminded of the line: lemons are for lemonade. How long have you had your S?

Almost 4 years now and besides a few minor issues that were taking care of efficiently all has been well. I need some towing capacity and thought of upgrading. Love the X
Thank you for your input.