Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Use my location" dialog!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No: I want control over that.

But I'd be fine with "always allow this site to use my location" or "allow this site to use my location today". The former is how google does it with Chrome, and the latter is how Apple does it with Safari.
Ahh yes, because Google always wants your information forever, it's their income stream, while Apple is concerned with protecting your privacy.

I would like to see less prompts, but I would prefer the Apple style, perhaps with the addition of a "never" option for some sites.

I can't believe this doesn't annoy other people as much as it does me. Of course we should retain control but that is not the question. The question is whether we need to state our choice EVERY FREAKIN' TIME WE USE THE BROWSER!!!??? I am trying to drive! Thank you for your support (NOT!).

You shouldn't use the browser when you are driving. That is very dangerous. Pull over if you have to use it.

Sorry, but that is not a responsive comment, even if it were true, which it is not. The browser is the portal to Waze and numerous Tesla apps, for example. And the dialog in question is annoying even when one is parked. Should a user interface to be designed to discourage use through annoyance? That isn't good design by any standard.

• Disagree
Reactions: Boatguy and sdorn
I can't believe this doesn't annoy other people as much as it does me.
Consider that perhaps your OP over two months ago received so few responses is because very few people use the in-car browser. I never do. I run Waze on my phone, for example. Have not read about any other "Tesla apps" that seemed worthwhile to use and take up half the space on the center display. I always have the rear view camera running in the top half, and use the bottom half for various other apps, but never the browser.