TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Use Tesla Financing, or Elsewhere?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Buster1, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Does anyone recommend using Tesla's in-house financing, or something different? Did I see that Tesla was offering 1.99% somewhere?

Curious about your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

2. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

I believe it's still 0.99%. Hard to beat!

3. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Yes, definitely go through Tesla lending: Tesla Lending

.99% through September 30 and rumored (hoped?) to go through the end of the year.

Fill out a credit app and see who your lending choices are, as it varies by state: Credit Application | Tesla

Alliant is a lender in all 50 states. Others are limited to various states.

4. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

#4 DriveMe, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Alliant is a lender in 50 states, but the .99% rate is not available from them in all states.

5. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Alliant also provides Gap Insurance for those not putting a lot of money down.

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I did it through Alliant 'separately' and had joined them doing the pay $10 to whatever foundation months ago just to be ready. No real reason not using Tesla Lending except I used the alliant promos site which may still be there if it's been extended past the end of September.

Looks like still September. May change October 1. :D

Tesla Car Loans from Alliant

7. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

That's not even necessary, as the loan itself would qualify you for the membership, or so I was told by an Alliant rep.

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Hah, interesting. At one point to start the process you needed 'to be a member'. Good to know for others!

9. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

If your buying new then absolutely Alliant for .99%.

If used I'd go elsewhere solely because Alliant charges a "tesla premium" regardless of loan to value ratio on any used tesla of .75% above their advertised rate for any other vehicle (3.24 vs 2.49)

10. Mediocrates

Mediocrates Member

Keep in mind that there is no "in-house" financing. Tesla does not provide financing (unless this has changed in the past few months). It coordinates with lenders to offer buyers negotiated rates and terms, which may be superior to what you would obtain by directly contacting those lenders.

11. Robgs75

Robgs75 Member

Tesla financing was the easiest part of my order and delivery. The app was quick the approval was instant and the service was good. I had some delays with my order and when I called the finance department they were always helpful, they even picked up the phone almost every time no voicemail tag. I got 1.49 for 72m with TD. Then after my delivery was delayed TD had a rate drop and I got .99 for 72m. The process was easy and I dont think I could beat .99 for 72 anywhere else. Took delivery last Thursday.