Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Use Trax app to locate rattles on-demand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shamelessly stolen from reddit. Probably the only useful thing I've ever found in that cesspool.

1. Open up Trax from the Toybox
2. Turn up the volume (toolbar at top of screen)
3. Add an instrument > Wind > Ocarina
4. Slide over the C3 on the left and start pushing buttons

Credit goes to user jasondclinton

Reactions: Mysta
tesla-trax-daw.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
What are some of the common rattle points? I hear stuff but it's hard to pinpoint. I have one that sounds like it's on the driverside dash but when I out my hand there it doesn't quiet it. Same with another rattle that's behind/above my head coming from the headliner.

What are some of the common rattle points? I hear stuff but it's hard to pinpoint. I have one that sounds like it's on the driverside dash but when I out my hand there it doesn't quiet it. Same with another rattle that's behind/above my head coming from the headliner.
Anywhere where plastic/metal on plastic/metal contact is made can rattle. Sometimes they arew intermittent due to expanding and contrasting caused by the weather.

For the driverside dash I had a rattle that was very difficult to pinpoint. I would check out the wood dash (see if it creaks, pull it off and felt tape all plastic contacts), dash contact with screen mount, front speaker grill (may need foam in the far corner to avoid the grill flexing), Vin plate could be rattling against windshield, or even the steering wheel housing (very creaky- may need to be foam insulated inside to prevent this)

Reactions: M3FNATIK
Anywhere where plastic/metal on plastic/metal contact is made can rattle. Sometimes they arew intermittent due to expanding and contrasting caused by the weather.

For the driverside dash I had a rattle that was very difficult to pinpoint. I would check out the wood dash (see if it creaks, pull it off and felt tape all plastic contacts), dash contact with screen mount, front speaker grill (may need foam in the far corner to avoid the grill flexing), Vin plate could be rattling against windshield, or even the steering wheel housing (very creaky- may need to be foam insulated inside to prevent this)

Funny, I swapped out the wood for the white plastic and that's when it started to rattle ☹️. I'm sure you're right and it's some of those flimsy clips that may not be holding tight. The headliner rattle came after I had the roof glass replaced due to a rock hit. Ugh..

Funny, I swapped out the wood for the white plastic and that's when it started to rattle ☹️. I'm sure you're right and it's some of those flimsy clips that may not be holding tight. The headliner rattle came after I had the roof glass replaced due to a rock hit. Ugh..
I think the last time i removed the dash and removed all of the messy plastic welds from the back and reset it, that has resolved my creaking rattle for a while now. Always a little worried that i'm introducing new rattles now that I've pretty much taken apart the entire car at this point.

Not sure about the headline but you can removed those pillars and check behind them for broken clips, etc. to tape down.