Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Use your windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who never use your windows, like myself. Operate them once a week or so, or you may find some day that the door handle backing plate insulation has loosened and is interfering with the window regulator causing the window to go up 3/4's of the way and then go back down. And if your really like me your over the 50000 miles and you may have operated the windows 10 times total and it's going to cost 580 to replace a window regulator that again may have been operated 10 times at the most.
As an aside, what's a good contact for Tesla to discuss this with. Any ideas?

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
It's a known issue that a plate in the door (I think it is the handle mechanism) can come loose and interfere with the window mechanics. Are you still under warranty? If so, you are covered. Raising and lowering the windows has no impact as they are independent from each other, aside from your seeing that it is a problem. I have had it. I had no problem when I took mine in after 18 months.

I too rarely open my windows.

I think I might have this issue on my 2015 P85DL (but it's not really bad yet). When closing the driver's window from about 70% to 100%, it makes a bit of a "crunching" sound. I have an appointment booked, but I hope I don't have to replace the regulator :(