Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 17 X thru TSLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
Hi all, Just ordered this 75D All-Wheel Drive for $44,600!

2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at $44,600

Questions a:

Do they warranty the battery capacity any differently than new? MCU1 ? It has EAP but can I upgrade to MCU2 if yellow screen/buggy under warranty?

I wish I could get them to send me pics/Monitor screenshot . Agent said that delivery fee can be financed so won't be charged to card (but was preauth?)

What happens if I refuse delivery

Model X

Included
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint Included
20" Silver Wheels Included
Black Included
Black Leather Seats Included
Carbon Fiber Décor Included
Black Headliner Included
Six Seat Interior Included
Technology Package Included
Towing Package Included
Enhanced Autopilot Included
Premium Upgrades Package Included
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound Included
Subzero Weather Package Included
Third Row Seats Included
Subtotal $44,600

Last edited:
The battery warranty is the same regardless if you buy new or used.

It came from factory with MCU1, but the previous owner could have upgraded to MCU2. You would have to look at the additional info screen. MCU2 upgrades are not covered under warranty.

New Model X prices just dumped so you may want to wait for the Model X used market to adjust lower. Also would be great if you could get to 100 pack. Maybe a 75 pack owner can chime in here because I wonder what range is like and if supercharging has been capped yet.

If you refuse delivery you may be able to transfer the deposit to a different car.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Good info Vik! . I will ask if TSLA will confirm MCU status. I will be out delivery fee if I refuse at this point but rep said something about difference b/t finance or cash re: $2K delivery fee. But if I can transfer to my new Y order that would be great! Y 3rd row is really cramped which is why I'm cross shopping X

Price is the lowest for a while for a 6 seater per https://ev-cpo.com/ archives.

Cons: Falcon wings (are failing at delivery today, so is motor for driver seat) Some other issues attached. They said I would have to take delivery then fix, I balked at that so they're fixing it now .Range is about 210 at 100%

RE$2.5K X order fee that I'm asking them to refund b/c of all the issues above. They balked at it at 1st, but hopefully they'll back down given all the issues with delivery. They said they don't check that till delivery station here in PHX

Anyone here want to take over/buy a 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold 2017 Tesla MX 75D @$46K(+taxes)? If not I'm going to keep pushing for refund since they shouldn't say ready for delivery with issues. Hopefully my loss is your gain.

they're not transferring the deposit to my new Y order :(

Cons: Falcon wings (are failing at delivery today, so is motor for driver seat) Some other issues attached. They said I would have to take delivery then fix, I balked at that so they're fixing it now .Range is about 210 at 100%

RE$2.5K X order fee that I'm asking them to refund b/c of all the issues above. They balked at it at 1st, but hopefully they'll back down given all the issues with delivery. They said they don't check that till delivery station here in PHX

Anyone here want to take over/buy a 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold 2017 Tesla MX 75D @$46K(+taxes)? If not I'm going to keep pushing for refund since they shouldn't say ready for delivery with issues. Hopefully my loss is your gain.

they're not transferring the deposit to my new Y order :(

So you went to pickup the car and found the falcon door issues before taking the car? Or how did you find out about the issues beforehand? Normally they don’t let you see it before signing everything, so you dodged one bullet.

Wouldn’t it have been a similar outcome if the doors showed that issue a day/week/month(s) later? It’s under warranty for a year, so I think Tesla is going to say that since they fixed it or will fix it, it’s yours now or you forfeit the deposit. This is teslas poor customer service stance. Not blaming you, but can definitely see them saying this because they have your money and don’t have to give it back.

Reactions: vickh
Yes, they let me see it before but not drive it I also went into service menu per advice here and saw some other issues/alrerts attached. I even spoke to a service guy there who said I would spend a month of the next year there!

They will NOT fix prior to delivery. Said there are other people in line.

I can an will dispute the delivery fee ($2K) on my credit card, not the order fee and roll the dice. Not sure I should mention that to escalations team or just go for it? I am opting out of arbitration just in case too.

I agree about TSLA CSR. Hard to even call them. They're part of the text generation!

Attachments

• Adobe Scan Apr 01, 2023 (2).pdf
    797.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Reactions: tdiggity