Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2014 model S 85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok then you should retain the free supercharging, I believe. The issue you may run into is if the previous owner has not removed it from their account Tesla may give you a hard time. I would do my best about avoiding telling them you got it from a car dealership and try to maintain that you bought directly from the previous owner. I don’t know how successful you can be with that though.

Ok then you should retain the free supercharging, I believe. The issue you may run into is if the previous owner has not removed it from their account Tesla may give you a hard time. I would do my best about avoiding telling them you got it from a car dealership and try to maintain that you bought directly from the previous owner. I don’t know how successful you can be with that though.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too, but I have a feeling they can easily find out through car fax

I bought one from a Toyota dealer and one from a Maserati dealer and had no problems with transferring supercharging and premium connection and everything, etc. So you might not need to worry about trying to hide anything. The way I registered was online that required uploading IDs and proof of ownership. For the latter I uploaded the dealer sales invoice with dealer names clearly visible. Not sure if the policy has changed though.

I bought one from a Toyota dealer and one from a Maserati dealer and had no problems with transferring supercharging and premium connection and everything, etc. So you might not need to worry about trying to hide anything. The way I registered was online that required uploading IDs and proof of ownership. For the latter I uploaded the dealer sales invoice with dealer names clearly visible. Not sure if the policy has changed though.
Yes, i just uploaded my images. Waiting for them to review it, fingers crossed

I just asked the service advisor at the service center. They printed them out for me. It took them a few days because they had to flip through and sharpie out the previous owner’s info. I was very appreciative because they did that free of charge.

Enjoy your S! We have a 2013 S 85 and still love it. I just had the computer chip recall done, installed 4G at the same time, and had the lower B pillars replaced with the upgraded pieces that will not show wear. Still love the car and get comments on how "Rudy" looks. Feb 13 we celebrate 8 years ownership.

I'm also new to Tesla. How can you get the full service history?
i think its available on the tesla app? i know dealerships/carfax cant see most of teslas service history
Enjoy your S! We have a 2013 S 85 and still love it. I just had the computer chip recall done, installed 4G at the same time, and had the lower B pillars replaced with the upgraded pieces that will not show wear. Still love the car and get comments on how "Rudy" looks. Feb 13 we celebrate 8 years ownership.
Wow!!! That’s awesome . Gotta love the name haha . I haven’t named mine yet. But I’m super glad to be part of the Tesla family

Hi, new here also!
After 6 years of dreaming, finally bit the bullit and put a deposit down on a 2014 85MS with 58k miles. From a garage. Hope my experience buying and setting up everything will be just as smooth.. wish me luck ! Ever so excited !

Hello all,

I recently bought a used 2014 Model S 85.
Currently has 30k miles on it. I have a few questions for this vehicle. First off I wanna say I’m super happy/excited that I’m part of the club ! Tesla has always been my dream car . Anyways,

1st question :
I have heard about this MCU1 upgrade to MCU2 “recall” thing going around , should I just wait for a recall instead of paying the 1.5k? My screen isn’t sluggish, still rocking that 3G too. (Oh and my car isn’t equipped with any AP)

2nd question:
I currently have free super charging , well at least I think I do... I already charged it twice without having to pay anything . As of right now my Tesla isn’t under my name/account on Tesla app. Im afraid if I call Tesla to add it they may remove that FSC. :( is that possible ? Since I did buy it from a dealership.

Third question: warranty.
Overall the car looks almost new , interior/exterior. Since it’s 2014 with 30k miles , should I take it to a Tesla auto center to have it checked for any issues that are not visible? The only problem I see (which is common on the old ones ) is the moisture that’s stuck in the tail light , goes away after a day though. But I heard it can get worse.

I know I may get some feedback stating why I didn’t do my research here and there , but you guys need to understand , I love Tesla haha
Thank you guys so much for your help! And I’m proud to be part of this community .

also, if I posted in the wrong section, I apologize !
Blazzt
I am taking a serious look at a 2014 Model S p85+ for 30,000$
has around 41k miles. How has your tesla been doing since you purchased it?

Thanks,