Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2014 model S 85

random155

Mar 18, 2019
NJ
Ok then you should retain the free supercharging, I believe. The issue you may run into is if the previous owner has not removed it from their account Tesla may give you a hard time. I would do my best about avoiding telling them you got it from a car dealership and try to maintain that you bought directly from the previous owner. I don’t know how successful you can be with that though.

Blazzt

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
Ok then you should retain the free supercharging, I believe. The issue you may run into is if the previous owner has not removed it from their account Tesla may give you a hard time. I would do my best about avoiding telling them you got it from a car dealership and try to maintain that you bought directly from the previous owner. I don’t know how successful you can be with that though.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too, but I have a feeling they can easily find out through car fax

random155

Mar 18, 2019
NJ
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too, but I have a feeling they can easily find out through car fax
I do not believe that they rely on car fax for anything other than sales providing it when you purchase used from them. Do you have a service center near you that you can just stop by and inquire?

Plasmid_Boy

Feb 13, 2020
Indiana
I bought one from a Toyota dealer and one from a Maserati dealer and had no problems with transferring supercharging and premium connection and everything, etc. So you might not need to worry about trying to hide anything. The way I registered was online that required uploading IDs and proof of ownership. For the latter I uploaded the dealer sales invoice with dealer names clearly visible. Not sure if the policy has changed though.

Blazzt

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
I bought one from a Toyota dealer and one from a Maserati dealer and had no problems with transferring supercharging and premium connection and everything, etc. So you might not need to worry about trying to hide anything. The way I registered was online that required uploading IDs and proof of ownership. For the latter I uploaded the dealer sales invoice with dealer names clearly visible. Not sure if the policy has changed though.
Yes, i just uploaded my images. Waiting for them to review it, fingers crossed

Plasmid_Boy

Feb 13, 2020
Indiana
I just asked the service advisor at the service center. They printed them out for me. It took them a few days because they had to flip through and sharpie out the previous owner’s info. I was very appreciative because they did that free of charge.

rogbmw

Feb 10, 2012
Central Florida
Enjoy your S! We have a 2013 S 85 and still love it. I just had the computer chip recall done, installed 4G at the same time, and had the lower B pillars replaced with the upgraded pieces that will not show wear. Still love the car and get comments on how "Rudy" looks. Feb 13 we celebrate 8 years ownership.

Blazzt

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
I'm also new to Tesla. How can you get the full service history?
i think its available on the tesla app? i know dealerships/carfax cant see most of teslas service history
Enjoy your S! We have a 2013 S 85 and still love it. I just had the computer chip recall done, installed 4G at the same time, and had the lower B pillars replaced with the upgraded pieces that will not show wear. Still love the car and get comments on how "Rudy" looks. Feb 13 we celebrate 8 years ownership.
Wow!!! That’s awesome . Gotta love the name haha . I haven’t named mine yet. But I’m super glad to be part of the Tesla family

MoLeViP

Feb 4, 2021
Uk
Hi, new here also!
After 6 years of dreaming, finally bit the bullit and put a deposit down on a 2014 85MS with 58k miles. From a garage. Hope my experience buying and setting up everything will be just as smooth.. wish me luck ! Ever so excited !

Blazzt

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
Hi, new here also!
After 6 years of dreaming, finally bit the bullit and put a deposit down on a 2014 85MS with 58k miles. From a garage. Hope my experience buying and setting up everything will be just as smooth.. wish me luck ! Ever so excited !
congrats!!! Welcome to the tesla family haha

Qan2510

Apr 15, 2021
Coral Springs, FL
Hello all,

I recently bought a used 2014 Model S 85.
Currently has 30k miles on it. I have a few questions for this vehicle. First off I wanna say I’m super happy/excited that I’m part of the club ! Tesla has always been my dream car . Anyways,

1st question :
I have heard about this MCU1 upgrade to MCU2 “recall” thing going around , should I just wait for a recall instead of paying the 1.5k? My screen isn’t sluggish, still rocking that 3G too. (Oh and my car isn’t equipped with any AP)

2nd question:
I currently have free super charging , well at least I think I do... I already charged it twice without having to pay anything . As of right now my Tesla isn’t under my name/account on Tesla app. Im afraid if I call Tesla to add it they may remove that FSC. :( is that possible ? Since I did buy it from a dealership.

Third question: warranty.
Overall the car looks almost new , interior/exterior. Since it’s 2014 with 30k miles , should I take it to a Tesla auto center to have it checked for any issues that are not visible? The only problem I see (which is common on the old ones ) is the moisture that’s stuck in the tail light , goes away after a day though. But I heard it can get worse.

I know I may get some feedback stating why I didn’t do my research here and there , but you guys need to understand , I love Tesla haha
Thank you guys so much for your help! And I’m proud to be part of this community .

also, if I posted in the wrong section, I apologize !
Blazzt
I am taking a serious look at a 2014 Model S p85+ for 30,000$
has around 41k miles. How has your tesla been doing since you purchased it?

Thanks,

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC