Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USED 2016 MODEL X P100D Things to look for when delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think because its quarantine its safer to deliver. They told me when I purchased that I cant get it delivered and they surprised me today with the message. Someone even said they might drop it off and leave the papers and envelope to sign and send. Just concerns me if I find anything I dont like how am I supposed to inform them and if I have any questions. None the less I am still super excited just nervous for sure considering Ive never seen the car in person nor have I ever driven a Model X so I dont know what to expect or really look for.

Congratulations on taking delivery tomorrow! I know the excitement.

Take a video as you walk up to it, walk around it. Then open each door/lid one by one while using video. Check the bottom of the door seals, check all seals. Open the below deck storage in the trunk, make sure you have the travel charging cable kit with the three adapters. If tow equipped, make sure it has the tow receiver bag with keys. And make sure the recovery eye screw is in the car not taken by the tow driver - difficult to get pulled onto a flatbed without it.

You and your family will love it, just don't give Tesla any "passes", you are paying good money and this should be in near new condition.

Did you get the car today? Are you too busy playing with it to post here?
YES! got the car later that day around 4. Was surprised with it, they didn't tell me they were coming and it was a pleasant surprise. However there was plenty wrong with the car; Lots of squeaks and noises with the wings and windows, Huge dent/gash on the interior of the trunk, Trunk cargo shelf holder was missing, lug bolt in the wheel loose. Contacted my DS and she helped me right away with a tesla roadside come to my house that day and fix some of those and scheduled for me to have the trunk stuff fixed with an appt asap. AMAZING help and would do it again.

alexwarren

How did the delivery process go? Since they delivered to your house did they let you test drive it before buying?
nope!! it was a no contact delivery so they left the keys and papers with a prepaid envelope and i had to accept the delivery via the app before i could get into the car. and i would just relay any issues i had with the DS.

YES! got the car later that day around 4. Was surprised with it, they didn't tell me they were coming and it was a pleasant surprise. However there was plenty wrong with the car; Lots of squeaks and noises with the wings and windows, Huge dent/gash on the interior of the trunk, Trunk cargo shelf holder was missing, lug bolt in the wheel loose. Contacted my DS and she helped me right away with a tesla roadside come to my house that day and fix some of those and scheduled for me to have the trunk stuff fixed with an appt asap. AMAZING help and would do it again.

So glad you experienced good service! I hope everything else was present - cable, tow receiver...

My service center in Columbus, OH has always been excellent, and I now even have one of the former techs as a co-worker. I can say, my experience with them has been wonderful. But then, I was a mechanic in my young years and know how NOT to present problems to the people fixing your stuff... you enter with a cloud over your head, you put one over every one else's head too.