Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2017 Model X with Free Super Charging for Life, AP2, 7 Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly if one was built from 01/01/17 to 01/15/17 (15 days before free supercharging needed). You have better chances for a 2016. But they only had P100D from 10/16 to 01/17 that are AP2 and free supercharging. I was on a lookout for a 100D but those didn't come out until after free supercharging ended.

Reactions: BerTX
@Kuhz @Insight75 This is very helpful, thanks!

So i should start looking for 2016 also and P100D and asked if they have AP2?
Yup. Look at 2016s. It’s easy to tell if they’re AP2 by looking for cameras in B pillars or the bulging cameras in the fenders. Good luck, they’re few and far in between....

There are also Xs with free supercharging well into 2017 months but have to be verified on a case to case basis and are even more rare.

You have P100D or 100D?
It would have to be P100D since 100D wasn't out in December 2016.

Possibly if one was built from 01/01/17 to 01/15/17 (15 days before free supercharging needed). You have better chances for a 2016. But they only had P100D from 10/16 to 01/17 that are AP2 and free supercharging. I was on a lookout for a 100D but those didn't come out until after free supercharging ended.

It just had to be ordered by 1/15/17. They still built them for several months after that. I've seen one that was delivered in September 2017 but it has transferable Supercharging since it was ordered before the deadline.

I dont believe Free Supercharging is NOT transferable anymore , This is based on note from my account page

upload_2019-4-3_14-49-6.png

It would have to be P100D since 100D wasn't out in December 2016.

It just had to be ordered by 1/15/17. They still built them for several months after that. I've seen one that was delivered in September 2017 but it has transferable Supercharging since it was ordered before the deadline.

Yup. Unfortunately those 2017s will be P100Ds as well :(

Also if you get a MX with 7 seats with the transferable free supercharging (made on or before Jan 15, 2017), I believe those back seats do not fold flat. The fold flat seats started after summer of 2017 I think.

And with AP 2.0, you are not getting DashCam and Sentry Mode. I think those 2 alone are worth exchanging for free supercharging. But then I only supercharge on trips. My MX has free supercharging and so far we did it about 15 times in 15 months... probably about $300 worth.

Also if you get a MX with 7 seats with the transferable free supercharging (made on or before Jan 15, 2017), I believe those back seats do not fold flat. The fold flat seats started after summer of 2017 I think.

And with AP 2.0, you are not getting DashCam and Sentry Mode. I think those 2 alone are worth exchanging for free supercharging. But then I only supercharge on trips. My MX has free supercharging and so far we did it about 15 times in 15 months... probably about $300 worth.

The third row seats fold flat, the middle rows do not.

I've been watching a lot of these threads lately, and it's interesting watching people only look for 2.5, 2.0 cars. Meanwhile, I've seen a bunch of them go w/o EAP. Or even newer cars with AP Quite frankly, if your priority is free supercharging (lots of it) and you're not going to get or use Navigate on Autopilot; there's nothing wrong with an AP1. The original autopilot features is still greater in software functionality than a newer car with the base AP package. You'll save another 10% in the process and makes it far easier for you to find free supercharging.

If you're willing to forgo free supercharging, I'd jump over 2.0 and go straight to 2.5. Sure you can look for the unicorn, but if cost is the concern then the above statement as 2.0 and 2.5 cars are about the same price. If future support and features is the concern then you're putting yourself in a 1.0 boat and paying a premium to do it. There's much more software releases for 2.5 than there is for 2.0 and with the release of 3.0, we can expect to see the 2.0 fall off even more.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
The third row seats fold flat, the middle rows do not.

I've been watching a lot of these threads lately, and it's interesting watching people only look for 2.5, 2.0 cars. Meanwhile, I've seen a bunch of them go w/o EAP. Or even newer cars with AP Quite frankly, if your priority is free supercharging (lots of it) and you're not going to get or use Navigate on Autopilot; there's nothing wrong with an AP1. The original autopilot features is still greater in software functionality than a newer car with the base AP package. You'll save another 10% in the process and makes it far easier for you to find free supercharging.

If you're willing to forgo free supercharging, I'd jump over 2.0 and go straight to 2.5. Sure you can look for the unicorn, but if cost is the concern then the above statement as 2.0 and 2.5 cars are about the same price. If future support and features is the concern then you're putting yourself in a 1.0 boat and paying a premium to do it. There's much more software releases for 2.5 than there is for 2.0 and with the release of 3.0, we can expect to see the 2.0 fall off even more.

When did AP2.5 start coming out and what should I look for to make sure it is a 2.5?

I dont believe Free Supercharging is NOT transferable anymore , This is based on note from my account page

View attachment 393411
Not sure what you mean. You have a double negative in your statement which contradicts what the image you posted shows.

Regardless, unlimited super charging is not transferable any more, and looks like your car is the same.

Here's what mine looks like:
View attachment 393863

Mine is the same. Some owners will have transferable. Some will not. Depends on when you bought the car, and when it was built.

- There are no AP 2.5+ with transferable unlimited supercharging.
- All 2016 AP 2.0 will have transferable unlimited supercharging.
- A handful of 2017s will as well (mine included) but more 2017s won’t than will.

If you’re lucky enough to have purchased a 2.5+ with free unlimited, you got the best of all worlds (for now) but it won’t help anyone looking to buy your car.

Reactions: BerTX

Actually order between these times. Most likely many March 2017 build cars could have lifetime free supercharging because the owner may have ordered in the first half of Jan.