Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2018/9 P3D w/ FSD OR New LR AWD AP w/ Boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I vote for the used P with FSD.

The extra acceleration is nice, but for me the big thing is FSD. None of the 2021 improvements are worth nearly as much as FSD.
I wish it was easy to find a used P with the desired spec AND in perfect condition, but it’s actually a pain in the ass to hunt these things down.
Easy way is to just order the one you want.

I dunno, for me that P looks perfect. It's like the ultimate classic Model 3. It's got everything. FSD adds 8K value, and IMHO it whips the llama's ass right now, but watch the next few months. I would imagine the owner took very good care of it. Just get some of that New Car Smell spray for day one.

Last edited:
So I bought a used 2018 M3P, back in March, with 10k miles for $53k + TTL.. which came with EAP. I then sprung an extra $4k to get the FSD upgrade before the price hike. You can get the same with FSD for $52K, but with an extra 10k miles. I have full faith that the upcoming AP rewrite is going to be a game changer and will increase the value of all Model 3's that have FSD by a good amount. If I were in your shoes, and knowing what we all know now, I'd start with the used 2018 M3P with FSD and wait for rewrite update. You could then sell that car for probably the same amount, if not slightly more, and then buy a newer LR AWD with all the latest updates. Warning, if you are a fan of performance vehicles it will be very hard to go from a performance model to anything less. I've beaten 2 lambos, a newer NSX, and a slew of corvettes in my M3P. You won't get that with an AWD LR, even with the performance boost. Not to say it's a slouch, but the extra umph you get with the M3P is exquisite!