Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a few around. One in Fort Collins, CO was delivered in Dec. 2020, but as a 2021 model. The 0-60 time is slower, 3.7 seconds, rather than 3.1 seconds listed for the 2021-2022 normally. I guess I would rather have the faster time, but I am also wondering if the car has all of the 2021 updates. If the 0-60 is slower, maybe other stuff is also different. Does anyone know when the first cars with the faster time were delivered? Any words of wisdom on buying a used 2021 generally?

All REFRESH Model S long ranges are 3.1 0-60. Refresh's are known as 2021 and up, is my understanding.
If the screen is vertical, its NOT a refresh. If its horizontal, its a refresh. The refresh has a TON of improvements over 2020 and earlier models. Faster charging, faster acceleration, more range, faster at lower states of charge, keeps the acceleration all the way up to top speed limit better...long list of improvements that are not insignificant between refresh and non refresh

Reactions: blackoutRF and SO16
All REFRESH Model S long ranges are 3.1 0-60. Refresh's are known as 2021 and up, is my understanding.
If the screen is vertical, its NOT a refresh. If its horizontal, its a refresh. The refresh has a TON of improvements over 2020 and earlier models. Faster charging, faster acceleration, more range, faster at lower states of charge, keeps the acceleration all the way up to top speed limit better...long list of improvements that are not insignificant between refresh and non refresh
I know it's semantics here but that's technically the subject of this thread, so...

The entire community has been calling the 2016.5-2021 Model S with the updated front end the "Refresh" so it's easy to see how this could be confusing for those not aware of this. For everyone in the community that has been the "refresh" since it replaced the previous out-going nosecone version of the car.

I think Tesla was intentionally obtuse for officially calling the new Model S the "refresh" when they knew damn good and well that that was what everyone had been calling the now-previous Model S for 5-years now. I prefer the internal names like "Palladium" similar to the "Raven" (which I hated at the time) but now that we have several versions it helps to clean things up so people know what each other is talking about.

But yeah, if what you want is the newest version there are LOTS of obvious visual cues to keep you from buying the previous one. Be warned, the price tag will also reflect this so if you see one that's too good to be true it likely is.