Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2022 MYLR 1500mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a dealer that has a used 2022 Blue MYLR with only 1500mi, Ryzen CPU and basic AP. I've talked them down to $59k (from $68k) and including buying out my lease. Ordering a new one would be $66,990 (or $65,990 if I chose a different color). So I'd be saving roughly $8k and having my lease bought out.

I feel like that is a good deal for what would be considered a new car, but just curious on others thoughts.

If you wait until January 1st, you may qualify for 7500 tax credit towards a new tesla. Who knows if tesla will raise the price to compensate for the credit, but with recession fears and indications of demand softening, probably not.

You need under 150k single or 220k something household to qualify though.

I’d say it’s a fair deal all things considered. If it matches your expectations, I’d go for it. I personally will never buy a used car again, no matter the number of miles, but that’s an unwarranted philosophy to follow. Model Y is such a “basic” car that there is little that could have gone wrong. Charging to 100 each day, full on acceleration with cold motor, etc all have little impact on longevity compared to that behavior on an ICE.

As a side story, we have a neighbor who drives a nice newer Camry but leaves it in “LOW” (CVT transmission) so it is running at 5-6k RPM all day long. You would never suspect the abuse from the look of the car but damn it is awful hearing that motor wind up so high to cruise on a flat 20mph zone.

I’d say it’s a fair deal all things considered. If it matches your expectations, I’d go for it. I personally will never buy a used car again, no matter the number of miles, but that’s an unwarranted philosophy to follow. Model Y is such a “basic” car that there is little that could have gone wrong. Charging to 100 each day, full on acceleration with cold motor, etc all have little impact on longevity compared to that behavior on an ICE.

As a side story, we have a neighbor who drives a nice newer Camry but leaves it in “LOW” (CVT transmission) so it is running at 5-6k RPM all day long. You would never suspect the abuse from the look of the car but damn it is awful hearing that motor wind up so high to cruise on a flat 20mph zone.
Thanks for the response, I wasn't thinking that for a car with such low mileage. The remaining warranty coverage it puts me a little bit more at ease. This dealer isn't well versed with electric vehicles, which is a slight concern. They had another Model Y that sat for a month with almost a dead battery (4% when I went to test drive).

That's insane on the Camry, I've always bought new or leased but this Y caught my eye with such low mileage and Ryzen CPU.