Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 85D or M3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I was wondering what should I do, get a very well priced 85D with tech package (no pup, air suspension, winter package, etc) 19k miles and most likely will have to pay the 2.5k transport fee.

Or

Go with the M3 performance (no autopilot or FSD) when it comes out, note that I reserved in September of 2017. When I need can be stretched to October/November. What do you guys think?

I don't think any 85D cars had AP2.
If it has autopilot at all it will be AP1.

On original question, the only important advantage the 85D has is size (carrying capacity). My MS is a beast for carrying things, like entire doors, bikes etc.

The PM3 is far newer, has newer tech, longer range, faster charging (in mph), new warranty etc etc. If the size isn't necessary I'd go with the PM3.

Reactions: P85_DA and croman
85D had only AP1. D motor and AP1 announcement were the same time. So that's the answer there.

P3D will get even more power later. Will be even faster and feel like a new car. But it's a big premium for a mid sized car. I love my S.

Agree. The other factor is that for the same price (effectively), you'll get the depreciation hit in the M3 that you won't get in the 85D. 2-3 years down the road the M3 will probably only be worth about 25k, whereas the 85D will still be worth around 35-40k. Obviously a wild guess, but the depreciation curve has already hit the 85D.