Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Car Registration in Austin - Checklist items

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Month back moved to Austin, previous Model S got totaled. Planning to buy USED one from Atlanta. Can I get some help on what checklist items that I have to get from Seller to register the car in Texas. So far these are the documents that I am thinking:

1. Bill of Sale (signed and notarized by both buyer and seller)
2. Original Title from seller.
3. DMV form signed.
4. Insurance for new car.
5. Vehicle inspection report
6. Application for Texas Title and/or Registration (Form 130-U).
7. Current registration (not sure if this was useful) when I registered my Harley with CA registration they did not even care to look into this.

Anything else that I am missing ?

Thanks
Sam

Hello,

Month back moved to Austin, previous Model S got totaled. Planning to buy USED one from Atlanta. Can I get some help on what checklist items that I have to get from Seller to register the car in Texas. So far these are the documents that I am thinking:

1. Bill of Sale (signed and notarized by both buyer and seller)
2. Original Title from seller.
3. DMV form signed.
4. Insurance for new car.
5. Vehicle inspection report
6. Application for Texas Title and/or Registration (Form 130-U).
7. Current registration (not sure if this was useful) when I registered my Harley with CA registration they did not even care to look into this.

Anything else that I am missing ?

Thanks
Sam
Government accepted ID and possibly proof of address? I know some states might require this, but now sure about Texas. Otherwise your list would seem to be pretty comprehensive, except of course you failed to mention a checkbook or a valid credit card to pay what I'm sure will be a variety of state title/registration/licensing/sales tax type of fees!