Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5/27
So we were able to get them to deliver the car today at 130pm. Started the drive up to Austin (2.5 hours.) about an hour from Austin they emailed saying they couldn’t do it. My wife came undone. Long story short. They conceded they could either deliver Undetailed at 1500 or detailed and waxed at 1800. We chose six and now we are at a local Cheddars waiting out our time lol.

5/27
So we were able to get them to deliver the car today at 130pm. Started the drive up to Austin (2.5 hours.) about an hour from Austin they emailed saying they couldn’t do it. My wife came undone. Long story short. They conceded they could either deliver Undetailed at 1500 or detailed and waxed at 1800. We chose six and now we are at a local Cheddars waiting out our time lol.

Wow. They were actually open today? Figured they would all have the day off.

Reactions: Saxgod
That is super.. Finally... we are all waiting for this good news! I'll hold my congrats later. Send us some pictures!

5/27

• Love
4/27 Finale
Showed up at the delivery center at 1615 and decided to just hang out till the car was ready. Met the manager and one of the orientation guys and talked. Both mentioned how impressed they were with the condition of the car.

Around 1730 I saw them pull
Our car into the delivery bay and things started getting exciting. Around 1750 they pulled it outside and they came and got us. The car looked awesome and a top to bottom inspection only turned up 2 small things that weren’t in pictures. Overall the car was immaculate and even smelled clean (neutral not flower scents). Spent about 40 minutes going through our checklist, got 2 fobs and a gen 1 umc. Threw my wife in and let her drive us out of Austin. We traded about halfway and I couldn’t be more impressed with the entire car. Autopilot is awesome and the range was incredible. Started at 80 percent and got home at 20.

I’ll post more pictures tomorrow but here is the only one I got before we started home. Thanks everyone for the support to help get us here. It was definitely worth the trials lol.

0C68C9D0-D888-46EF-A807-694622675C26.jpeg

Congrats! the black is abolutely amazing to look at!

All the pain and suffering must made this car even more special. Congrats again!

4/27 Finale
Showed up at the delivery center at 1615 and decided to just hang out till the car was ready. Met the manager and one of the orientation guys and talked. Both mentioned how impressed they were with the condition of the car.

Around 1730 I saw them pull
Our car into the delivery bay and things started getting exciting. Around 1750 they pulled it outside and they came and got us. The car looked awesome and a top to bottom inspection only turned up 2 small things that weren’t in pictures. Overall the car was immaculate and even smelled clean (neutral not flower scents). Spent about 40 minutes going through our checklist, got 2 fobs and a gen 1 umc. Threw my wife in and let her drive us out of Austin. We traded about halfway and I couldn’t be more impressed with the entire car. Autopilot is awesome and the range was incredible. Started at 80 percent and got home at 20.

I’ll post more pictures tomorrow but here is the only one I got before we started home. Thanks everyone for the support to help get us here. It was definitely worth the trials lol.

View attachment 412768

Let me know how much work the solid black paint is. Picking mine up on Thursday and I'm hoping its not too much of a maintenance nightmare to keep it looking respectable.
I’ve had more than a handful of black vehicles and it is not as bad as people say to keep them looking nice. I try not to use “car washes” with cloth fingers... only hand wash 2 bucket method only or touch free washes. A nice coat of cherry wet wax every now and then and they look like a million bucks. This one has some paint chips on the hood I need to touch up. If they look like crap after touch up I may get the hood painted but truthfully if it looks good from 5 foot I will be happy. If you get close enough to most paint you will see flaws.

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, got delivery of my model S that day!
My flight was very late, like 3 hours. Even though, I called the tesla at paramus and they were super understanding.
When I got there, it took only about 20 minutes to drive away with my Tesla.
The delivery was rushed and I also was in a rush, so didn't look well at the car. As soon as I stopped to charge I started noticing some dents in the interior and also lots of swirling on the paint (maybe from past cleaning jobs). I took some videos of that after getting out of tesla, but really dont know if I can ask for repairs or anything.
I drove from New York to Florida very smoothly. Only my MCU was resetting all the time, erasing my info and turning off autopilot. Though, as soon as I updated my system the problem disappeared.

There are my pictures of the car and also I would like to know if I argue with tesla or not. Thank you guys for the support!

612548AC-2043-49EC-9267-ED599E97C0C5.jpg

Attachments

• C7E878D0-1A40-43B7-B07E-ABC0C025F148.jpg
    C7E878D0-1A40-43B7-B07E-ABC0C025F148.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Love
I had quiet a few rock chips on the hood and was told by orientation guy that if it wasn't disclosed in the pictures they may do something. He told me to email pictures to my sales guy. I am standing by for a response.

I had quiet a few rock chips on the hood and was told by orientation guy that if it wasn't disclosed in the pictures they may do something. He told me to email pictures to my sales guy. I am standing by for a response.

I had some small rock chips on my hood too. I bought the paint repair kit and hopefully itll fix it.

Im done and moving on with this whole Tesla dance.. =P

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, got delivery of my model S that day!
My flight was very late, like 3 hours. Even though, I called the tesla at paramus and they were super understanding.
When I got there, it took only about 20 minutes to drive away with my Tesla.
The delivery was rushed and I also was in a rush, so didn't look well at the car. As soon as I stopped to charge I started noticing some dents in the interior and also lots of swirling on the paint (maybe from past cleaning jobs). I took some videos of that after getting out of tesla, but really dont know if I can ask for repairs or anything.
I drove from New York to Florida very smoothly. Only my MCU was resetting all the time, erasing my info and turning off autopilot. Though, as soon as I updated my system the problem disappeared.

There are my pictures of the car and also I would like to know if I argue with tesla or not. Thank you guys for the support!

View attachment 413220

Nice! We're Black 70D twins lol

I had some small rock chips on my hood too. I bought the paint repair kit and hopefully itll fix it.

Im done and moving on with this whole Tesla dance.. =P

lol I hear ya. Last night we taped up the rear of the car and resprayed Plastidip on the trunk appliqué. Turned out amazing. Now we are considering doing a couple more pieces. Cant beat 5 bucks a can to fix something lol
Before:
teslasandiego_5yjsa1h12efp65552_closeups_cu-7.jpg

After:

58084849235__E170A8FE-D2DD-4FF3-A395-A2A0B9C21A09.jpg

I was thinking of ordering a paint doctor kit if Tesla says they won't do anything. Then eventually pay a local shop to repaint hood when I cant take it anymore (if I ever get to that point)

Last edited:
lol I hear ya. Last night we taped up the rear of the car and resprayed Plastidip on the trunk appliqué. Turned out amazing. Now we are considering doing a couple more pieces. Cant beat 5 bucks a can to fix something lol
Before:
View attachment 413302

After:

View attachment 413301

I was thinking of ordering a paint doctor kit if Tesla says they won't do anything. Then eventually pay a local shop to repaint hood when I cant take it anymore (if I ever get to that point)

Nice. My front grill kinda looks like that too..did you take off the old plastidip or did you just spray over the old one?