Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call yesterday that my car would be ready today for pick up. So I went ahead and funded my loan and signed all the paperwork. Then I started getting texts and phone calls like crazy from Tesla. I got two texts about some new programs from Tesla then a call from Las Vegas about some discounts on a wall charger. I just had to laugh because all throughout the used car buying process of a month it was so difficult to even get a response in a day or two. Let alone know where they shipped my car and the location. Then magically I get all these phone calls and texts. I just had to laugh this will be my last Tesla purchase for a long time I am hoping because this is way more stressful than it needs to be. I will be sure to post pics after pick up.

That is hilarious! My DA finally called me yesterday confirming something about my financing. When I answered the phone he literally just started talking and asking the question - no "hey, sorry I haven't responded to your emails or calls" - nothing. Not even a "How's it going?" to start the conversation.

He didn't even answer anything I asked him on email (which I didn't need answers to anymore), he didn't mention my Friday appointment that I set up MYSELF with the delivery team, didn't say "enjoy the car" - NOTHING. Just wanted to ask his question and move on.

5/24
I have to say I am about done with this process. And by that I don't mean I almost have a car I mean Tesla has done such a poor job from beginning to end im about ready to turn around and walk. I called today because the car has been delivered since Tuesday and haven't heard a thing (besides me calling and asking on my own). Asked about the car, they are like, uhhhh yahhh so we are probably looking at Tuesday if we dont have to replace anything. WTF?!?!? What do you mean IF? You've had the car since Tuesday evening and you have yet to decide if anything needs to be replaced? They say "We have a long list to go through..." BS...I think they haven't even touched the car at this point. Asked for a loaner since technically I paid for this car on the ninth and have yet to be able to drive a Tesla...Nope no loaner for you. Tuesday if you're lucky, maybe longer. Called the 800 number to ask wtf? Why does the SC no longer do Saturday delivery as of this week and yet I was told this was going to happen? Why isn't my car ready?

In short you are at Teslas mercy, they have no escalation paths so if the service centers tells you to go suck lemons that's what you have to do. All you can do is take your money and run. I HATE having to deal with this BS and this is exactly why I bought from Carvana last time. This will probably be the last Tesla direct purchase I ever do.

So yah, Tuesday, be on the lookout and I'll let you know how THAT goes...

:mad:

Update 5/24
Got a call from my DS and he is going to see what he could do. To me its the thought that counts. Even if nothing comes of it at least he called and tried. That is all I ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: beecuesee
5/24
I have to say I am about done with this process. And by that I don't mean I almost have a car I mean Tesla has done such a poor job from beginning to end im about ready to turn around and walk. I called today because the car has been delivered since Tuesday and haven't heard a thing (besides me calling and asking on my own). Asked about the car, they are like, uhhhh yahhh so we are probably looking at Tuesday if we dont have to replace anything. WTF?!?!? What do you mean IF? You've had the car since Tuesday evening and you have yet to decide if anything needs to be replaced? They say "We have a long list to go through..." BS...I think they haven't even touched the car at this point. Asked for a loaner since technically I paid for this car on the ninth and have yet to be able to drive a Tesla...Nope no loaner for you. Tuesday if you're lucky, maybe longer. Called the 800 number to ask wtf? Why does the SC no longer do Saturday delivery as of this week and yet I was told this was going to happen? Why isn't my car ready?

In short you are at Teslas mercy, they have no escalation paths so if the service centers tells you to go suck lemons that's what you have to do. All you can do is take your money and run. I HATE having to deal with this BS and this is exactly why I bought from Carvana last time. This will probably be the last Tesla direct purchase I ever do.

Update 5/24
Got a call from my DS and he is going to see what he could do. To me its the thought that counts. Even if nothing comes of it at least he called and tried. That is all I ask.
Sorry to hear that hopefully you get it Tuesday. Maybe tell your SA they owe you a wall charger why not complain tell them you want to talk to a manager if they don’t listen. Process does suck warranty is the only reason I went direct to be honest. Good luck let us know what kind of shape your car is in. The waiting sucks but hopefully they are fixing stuff so you don’t need to bring it back .

You should also complain to your states attorney general if it’s bad.

Reactions: Saxgod
Got my car looked really nice was missing a few things

No tow hook
Road rash on wheel
Missing panel below glove box
Scrapes on bumper

Wrote on the purchase agreement everything that needed to be done didn’t give them a choice and had delivery person sign as well.

Look your car over really good when you take delivery

Got my car looked really nice was missing a few things

No tow hook
Road rash on wheel
Missing panel below glove box
Scrapes on bumper

Wrote on the purchase agreement everything that needed to be done didn’t give them a choice and had delivery person sign as well.

Look your car over really good when you take delivery

Is there a place on the purchase agreement to write that kind of stuff? I'm taking a checklist with me to run through everything.

Just took delivery. Car looks great! Some very minor paint chips - can't really tell unless you're really looking. Just found out that the charge door doesn't open.. had to pry it open..will try again tomorrow..perhaps it's user error. It's charging though so that's good.

But yeah - getting the car really does make you forget all the BS you went through before. For sure won't be going through this process again.

Attachments

• 20190524_174819.jpg
    20190524_174819.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190524_210029.jpg
    20190524_210029.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Love
Reactions: Saxgod
Just took delivery. Car looks great! Some very minor paint chips - can't really tell unless you're really looking. Just found out that the charge door doesn't open.. had to pry it open..will try again tomorrow..perhaps it's user error. It's charging though so that's good.

But yeah - getting the car really does make you forget all the BS you went through before. For sure won't be going through this process again.
Welcome to Tesla and nice looking ride.

Nice! congrats, the car looks great. Looks like you won the race :)

Solid black or metallic black? Looks great.

Curious to see what happens with Caiotrentin's delivery. I'm traveling cross-country to pick up a used car purchased through Tesla's website as well (deposited on 5/13) so have been following this thread closely. I hope Saxgod's car is ready soon as well! I chose to fly to the car's location (San Diego) as opposed to shipping because of this thread. I have an appointment to pick up next Wednesday and so far my SA and DA have both been fairly responsive so I'm feeling pretty lucky so far. Crossing my fingers that things continue to go smoothly--will update this thread as another data point in case helpful to anyone deciding whether to go through Tesla for a used car.

Reactions: beecuesee
5/24

Update 5/24

Dont give up. Once you get it it will all go away. Te car is well worth the wait.