Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used LR RWD or a new one (refreshed)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

Coming from a 2015 Forester, looking into my first electric car. Model 3 for sure.

I’ll be brief. I’ve noticed that if you want to finance a LR M3, you’re getting about the same monthly payment used or new. FSD not important but it seems to be priced in no matter whether the car has it or not in the used market. The market seems confused or the car is just that good.

Call it $550 a month for me with a trade in. Financing means going through a dealership of some kind, so that’s that. Obviously the terms are longer for a new M3, the taxes are higher, etc.

Either way you’re in it for at least five years at that payment.

Anyone thinking that used is the way to go, yet? I could see it if they were selling for 35k or lower but at this point cash out monthly is the same and new model features (the range bump honestly) seem like the better value holders.

Maybe the Tesla depreciation dip hits after year 3 (or a refresh) instead of off the lot like ICE?

My fiscally conservative family is going to go nuts when I pull up with a brand new car. It goes against all the folk wisdom.