Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used m3 purchased experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish to share an out of state m3 purchase experience.
I live in Florida, and there are few used inventory. I have been looking into out of state inventory, and planned to pick the m3 up in its local service center. I did some research and found several subtleties.
  • Texas does not allow non-residents to pick up.
  • All salesperson told me even used cars have the $1200 destination fee, but that's not true.
  • The out of state service center will give you a temporary tag for 30~45 days.
One night, I randomly looked into a newly listed used m3 in Atlanta, and ordered immediately. I have a transferred plate, thus the fee break down is as following:
  • Vehicle price ~$38k
  • Tax of your state, no matter which state you pick up. ~$2k
  • Registration fee. ~$200
  • No destination fee. At least for my order in Atlanta.
They contacted me to schedule picking up the next day. The registration team collected my plate information the same day. We drove to Atlanta Saturday to pick the tesla up. However, there were some issues upon picking up:
  • The m3 has only one charging cable with no adapter. I asked them for adapters, and they told me they don't have the home charger adapter. Only after I insist, the staff took the adapter from another used car. You can imagine that the next customer will go through the same problem.
  • The m3 FSD got removed for faster sale. However, when I registered the app, it showed that the FSD is equipped. I couldn't purchased it again until the back end team cancelled it for me.
  • As soon as I drove outside the service center, the tire pressure warning sign lighted. We drove back to the service center only to find the service people left work early. So we just filled the tire at a gas station.
  • The staff was not sure about the registration process. They only told me I will get the title and registration from Florida DMV later.
One more point, the m3 has 40k mileage and the battery life decreased from the maximum ~310 miles to ~290miles.
Over all, it is a convenient process. I am not a native speaker, so please forgive my wording.