Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used market has really taken a hit [All discussion of Model 3 Resale value]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are currently 647 used Model 3's within a 200 mile radius from me on Cargurus under $40K

Some dealers are are eating it on these with over 100 days on the market and some with $15K price drops from Dec.

IMO, the sweet spot right now is sub 30k mile 20/21 M3P for @ $40K

But, it's not only used Tesla's...the whole used market is down, but with the recent price drops, Tesla is falling the fastest.

Great for someone like me who recently started looking into them, but man I'd be bummed if I just got one a few months ago:mad:

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
there are currently 647 used Model 3's within a 200 mile radius from me on Cargurus under $40K

Some dealers are are eating it on these with over 100 days on the market and some with $15K price drops from Dec.

IMO, the sweet spot right now is sub 30k mile 20/21 M3P for @ $40K

But, it's not only used Tesla's...the whole used market is down, but with the recent price drops, Tesla is falling the fastest.

Great for someone like me who recently started looking into them, but man I'd be bummed if I just got one a few months ago:mad:
I was thinking ~40K as well. I bought my 2022 MYP in the 70s, probably would be lucky to get low 50s it seems. Sucks, but it's just a car at the end of the day :)
Dealers definitely are taking a hit, albeit I'd imagine they're more inclined to try and hold their prices than private party. Looks like I have some calling to do this week to try and find one!

Yesterday, I offered $38k on a 2022 M3LR (white with black interior) with 5,500 miles on it. Dealership has it listed at $47,500. Car is in really good shape with no apparent build quality issues. They turned it down without a counter-offer. My offer may have been a lowball, but it was a reasonable offer in response to their ridiculous asking price. They have the carfax report on their website, and according to that report, this car has been on their lot since late November. I‘d probably agree on $41,000 but they‘ll have to make the next move. For now, it doesn’t appear that they want to sell this car right now.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Those prices are whack. Is there any way to negotiate with Carvana?

Caravan is out of touch with reality according to most of the other prices I've seen the last few weeks....
I don't know if they even know about the latest price cuts with those asking prices...
Tesla has much better prices on their used inventory and that includes extended warranty and acceleration boost

Reactions: IChillinz
The consumer is partially to blame for this along with the Banks the Dealers/Car manufactures and the Government. Consumers got all that money to burn from the Government. As prices were going higher they still kept spending all that stimulus money. It drove the Banks to issue loans for way more than the vehicles were worth and dealers sold these cars at inflated prices. One due to Banks allowing overvalued loans and two customers that though the money would keep flowing. Now the money has dried up and consumers are now saddled with loans that are double and triple what the car is worth. Which takes these people out of the car market for a few years. They can give the car back but that ruins their credit for a few years and they won't be purchasing newer cars for a while. The car market now is looking for the car buyer that didn't purchase at inflated prices but can't find any due to people saying no I'm not paying thousands of dollars over what the car is worth. Nor do I want an inflated car loan interest rate. Same thing is happening in the Housing market.