Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model 3 AP and FSD retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What up. Been a Tesla fanboy for like 2 days so apologize if I missed this answer on here. I’m looking at a 2018 model 3 performance with 7k miles. No auto pilot and no FSD. Owner said you can upgrade on Tesla app (3k for autopilot, 7k for FSD). My question is, are these prices totally accurate for this car and not subject to change all of sudden? And also, how long does this retrofit order take to be scheduled and installed if I purchase the car and upgrade, say immediately. Do I have to wait (weeks, months, etc.) for Tesla to get it together and not be backed up?Thx!

My question is, are these prices totally accurate for this car and not subject to change all of sudden? And also, how long does this retrofit order take to be scheduled and installed if I purchase the car and upgrade, say immediately. Do I have to wait (weeks, months, etc.) for Tesla to get it together and not be backed up?Thx!

Tesla changes prices (up and down) frequently, so no guarantees, although those prices are correct today.

The upgrade is software, so if you buy it, you should get it over the air in a few days.

This car likely has the 2.5 computer since it's a 2018. It'll require a hardware upgrade to 3.0 to get all of the current visualizations (stop lights, stop signs & trash cans) but the driving functionality is the same as of today. As they get further along with FSD, there will be more of a difference between the two computers. The 3.0 computer will be included with the price of FSD but you'll have to get in line with the rest of us for the install.

Reactions: JasonR67
okay, thanks. That’s good to know that most of it is software (I wasn’t sure how it worked since it’s an 18 and this person never got autopilot and thought maybe some hardware was needed or something). Okay, cool.
hopefully he’ll take my lowball cash offer

ps: used model 3 sellers are delusional so I doubt it.

okay, thanks. That’s good to know that most of it is software (I wasn’t sure how it worked since it’s an 18 and this person never got autopilot and thought maybe some hardware was needed or something). Okay, cool.
hopefully he’ll take my lowball cash offer

ps: used model 3 sellers are delusional so I doubt it.
You’ll soon be delusional too.

When Tesla can’t produce enough cars to fill all the orders here in the U.S., a 2018 Model 3 with low mileage and very good condition is still a very attractive car and you might be surprised at the street value.

it’s fully upgradeable for AP and FSD keeping it’s value. I have a 9/2018 AWD and bought it with EAP at the time (extra $5k). After Tesla separated some of the EAP features into today’s AP ( TACC and AutoSteer) I was able to buy FSD for $2K (only time Tesla has offered a half off current feature pricing) but my total cost for both still came to $7K. Now new cars come standard with AP included in the price of the car (and they get the latest HW3 computer chip installed at delivery) and FSD is magically $7K. Older cars who have previously ordered FSD have started seeing service centers beginning to install the new hardware to replace their HW2.5 up to HW3. There is a waiting list people are on and Tesla has just begun working through the HW2.5 to HW3 FSD orders. Since FSD features aren’t all available yet, it’s not a biggie to me to be waiting for my service call. The car for example won’t yet see safety cones on the highway on the display but it will respond to their presence from what we’ve been told by users. Once HW3 is installed the car will be able to display the extra visuals.