Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model 3 Option Packages Transfer Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am thinking about buying a long range model 3 RWD, I know for a fact I would like to buy used and am willing to wait until Model 3 really start hitting the used market (More than they currently are). One question that I can not find a solid answer on is that if owner 1 (original owners) buys autopilot and FSD, then places that vehicle for sale, will owner 2 (second hand owner) have to pay for autopilot and FSD again? Thank you!

OP as far as I can tell, free unlimited supercharging is something that does not transfer. It may or may not depending on the car (when it was purchased, under which program etc).

At least for right now, EAP / AP / FSD transfer with the car. The thing to be careful of, is does the car have Enhanced autopilot (EAP) and /or Full self driving, or Autopilot and FSD.

OP as far as I can tell, free unlimited supercharging is something that does not transfer. It may or may not depending on the car (when it was purchased, under which program etc).

At least for right now, EAP / AP / FSD transfer with the car. The thing to be careful of, is does the car have Enhanced autopilot (EAP) and /or Full self driving, or Autopilot and FSD.
Tesla itself sells used cars that are advertised to have the free supercharging option so it absolutely does carry over.

Thank you very much for the all the information, I do have a follow up question, I have noticed that some sellers are trying to be sneaky and essentially falsely advertising options on their model 3s, is their a Tesla VIN checker or another method to confirm what exactly the Model 3 car is equip with. Thank you!