Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S cars end up? Don't see them on Tesla Canada Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see more and more older Gen 1 cars on the road. Not sure where people are buying them as I never see them listed on the Tesla Canada Website?

Any ideas are they all being sold on third party websites?

There are a number of secondary ( non Tesla ) dealers that sell these in Canada, and up until recently, Tesla used to sell them too.

Not sure if they will start doing that again though

I don't want to violate any forum rules advertising their names, but if you search up auto trader and you will see a few dealers who have more than 1 tesla for sale. some of them even refer to themselves as the top tesla resellers.

If you have trouble finding them - just PM me and I will send you the name as long as it doesn't violate any forum rules.

I find the CDN Tesla site rarely has used inventory when I look. Auto Trader always has lots of cars. In my experience the trade-in values are low so that explains the matter. I feel my 85D trade value was easily $20K low.

I find the CDN Tesla site rarely has used inventory when I look. Auto Trader always has lots of cars. In my experience the trade-in values are low so that explains the matter. I feel my 85D trade value was easily $20K low.

I notice that all the inventory on autotrader doesn’t move. The exact same cars have been sitting for months on end. It’s unique to Tesla in Canada for some reason

I notice that all the inventory on autotrader doesn’t move. The exact same cars have been sitting for months on end. It’s unique to Tesla in Canada for some reason
Canadian dollar slipped since 2013 causing new Tesla prices to go up, but trade in values are based on original price and old owners don't accept that (especially if they want to trade up to new). Just a theory, I have nothing hard data to back it up, other than of course the Tesla prices climbing in Canada.