Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S Dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

I know there are a few stipulations for free supercharging on used inventory like the car must've been purchased prior to January 15, 2017 and delivered prior to April 15th and the car couldn't return to Tesla inventory and not from an auto auction. Has anyone had success in buying a used MS from a dealership who received the vehicle from a private seller (like a trade in) and still kept FUSC? How would Tesla's system know to remove it if it was never in an auction or never returned to their inventory?

Thanks!

Yes, I bought a used 2015 Model S 85D from an independent dealer. I flew into pick up the car in September 2019 and drove it 600 miles home that day, making multiple supercharging stops. FUSC has worked for me ever since. It took awhile to get the app on the phone working since I had to prove that I owned the car to Tesla. I have only taken a couple of road trips since then, but have not provided Tesla with any credit card info to date.
While FUSC is nice, I would Give it up in a heartbeat to get faster charging back. The throttling makes it barely tolerable for long trips now.