Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are doing something wise. You may be one of the luckiest member on TMC. You live in Stoneham, Mass?
There's a Tesla special garage called The Electrified Garage in Seabrook NH. You could contact them and ask them if they would inspect it for purchase for you. Provided the current owner would let you take it to them, that could be an very good plan - if you ask me.http://www.electrifiedgarage.com

Perhaps the owner is just not wanting to let someone have their car for day, so maybe ask the owner to take it to the service center for inspection, then provide you with the report from them. That way they keep possession of the car at all times, and only official Tesla service personnel drives it. Saves the buyer time too, why not.

Hi, I got this service record from the owner. I am new with Tesla so can someone here please help and let me know if there is nothing to worry or do I need to be cautious? Attaching the picture of service record.
BD6459B4-606E-4518-848F-B95D7EB4936D.jpeg

Hi, I got this service record from the owner. I am new with Tesla so can someone here please help and let me know if there is nothing to worry or do I need to be cautious? Attaching the picture of service record.View attachment 547932

Nothing seems like a red flag. Alot of recalls and customer satisfaction repairs and standard maintenance. I'd see if the owner can get the service center to see how much life the eMMC has left to get an idea on if you'll need to replace the MCU sooner than later.

Reactions: Akikiki
Nothing seems like a red flag. Alot of recalls and customer satisfaction repairs and standard maintenance. I'd see if the owner can get the service center to see how much life the eMMC has left to get an idea on if you'll need to replace the MCU sooner than later.
Tha
Thanks for the reply. I am new to Tesla. Can you please tell me what does eMMC and MCU mean and how much would it impact me financially if there is something wrong? Also, you mentioned a lot if recalls, is that something to worry about?

Tha

Thanks for the reply. I am new to Tesla. Can you please tell me what does eMMC and MCU mean and how much would it impact me financially if there is something wrong? Also, you mentioned a lot if recalls, is that something to worry about?
The screenshots you posted show the recalls we're were taken care of. Older models have a storage chip (eMMC) thats undersized to keep logs and may cause the main screen (MCU) to stop working and it's 2k to replace.