TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Used Model S Only 4900 Miles for $62k?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Kenji, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Kenji

Kenji Member

2. shelbri

shelbri Member

The vehicle title is listed as Salvage in the listing.

3. USCjon

USCjon Member

4. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I wonder what's wrong with it... from the pictures it doesn't appear damaged unless it had A LOT of work done.

5. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

Probably voids all the warranties. If not then it may be a value otherwise stay away.

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Salvage title says 'Primary Damage UNDERCARRIAGE'. I'm guessing there's significant damage to the battery pack for it to have been listed as salvage.

7. yobigd20

it took a nice smack to the side.

16715834_3X.JPG

16715834_2X.JPG

8. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

Earlier this week, I came close to buying a used (and non-salvaged) nicely optioned MS 60 for $66K.

$62K for this salvage looks like a bad deal.

9. yobigd20

it's an extremely bad deal. it's only a 60kW. a brand new 60kW with a clear title is $69900 - $7500 rebate = $62400. LOL why anyone in the world would buy a used one with a salvage title for the same price of a new one is beyond me.

10. Kenji

Kenji Member

Sorry guys, I got too excited. I guess at the high price, I forgot that most good deals are salvaged titles.

Back to square 1.

Thanks for the reply.

11. No Tailpipe

No Tailpipe Member

12. yobigd20

I google'd the VIN #. I wonder why that got salvaged with an estimated repair cost of only $13k.

that site also had a much nastier wreck on there with a $50k repair bill. now that one IS salvage. Salvage 2013 red Tesl Roadster Model S with VIN 5YJSA1CN5DFP08383 on auction by Monday, June 23, 2014 | AutoBidMaster

20380824_AX.JPG

20380824_9X.JPG

20380824_2X.JPG

I would think the OP's one should be repairable though the salvage cost is still too high..

13. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Er… you all appear to have missed the (rather obvious?) rear offside (left, looking from the back) wheel angle on the grey one. This is *not good*. I'm 'just guessing' this is related to the 'undercarriage' damage - undercarriage in my book meaning the wheels/suspension, not the underneath or underside (i.e. battery).

14. yobigd20

Well yeah that's obvious. I assumed the entire rear suspension components would need to be replaced. Question is whether or not there's drive unit damage too.