Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model s p85 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I have this model s p85 with drive unit and central display changed under warranty in 2019 and the car has 104k miles on it the second owner bought it used from tesla and put in 80k miles in 4 years... I took the test drive and the car runs smooth and the battery holds 245 miles as he proclaimed ... power train warranty ends in sep 2021...I am getting it for 27k usd ...is it a good deal or shall I worry about anything...thanks gurus

This 85 KWh pack will charge slowly. It has the charger modification that slows down the charging rate to keep the battery pack from frying itself. IIRC, there is an open class action suit against these models for that reason. If you are planning on using it as a commuter car where it will sit and charge overnight, then you should be fine. If you plan on taking it for any trips, you will sit charging at superchargers for what will seem like forever. We just took a recent, cross country trip and spent too much time at superchargers for me to recommend using this car for long trips. Others will pull into the supercharger and get wonderful charge rates, but not the 85KW models.

BR
2015 85D

Reactions: TimT
Upvote 0