Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S PCP Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

After waiting for what seems like forever for the Model Y to release in the UK I’m finally going to give up and pickup a Model S instead - which I’m extremely excited about!

Ideally looking at a 100d, 2018, MCU2 with a sunroof - which seem surprisingly rare second hand (and around the £60k mark).

I took a trip to Saxon today with my wife and got sign off on the purchase - it’s been this or another 4x4.

Ideally I’d like to do a PCP deal to try and keep the monthly payments sensible (currently doing up our house) - however we were told that there is no PCP available on a Tesla older than 2019!.....

Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience? Have people actually done a PCP deal on a used Tesla? Or do I need to look at a fixed balloon payment style deal?

Ideally planning to keep the car for 4-5 years, then upgrading. Currently have ~£15k deposit (with car and cash).

Any tips?

So you found a 100D with a sunroof! I don't know when the manufacturing cutoff date was, but you've found your jackpot!

Another way to finance is an old fashioned ordinary loan at the bank, you can control your repayments, and choose the balloon yourself. That's if your bank does this anymore, and if they give you a sensible interest rate. Post Office used to be good, they have a loan calculator, but they have a max loan of £25k.

Another method is using your offset mortgage in the same way, just need a spreadsheet and some man-maths, gives a low interest rate.

Good luck,

Tony

It's the spec of my car... inventory bought Sept 2018 but likely built April?. If it has EAP then (dependng on budget and current cost) may be worth consdiering upgrade to FSD because that includes upgrade to HW3 which is around £1750 on it's own for better visualisations.
I suppose I'm going to have to consider the CCS upgrade at some stage too. I did buy the chademo adapter at the time and never used it...likely worthless now...