Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model X Delivery Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a 2018 X P100D from Tesla.Com on Easter Sunday (15 days ago). Checked all the boxes and being located only 7 hours away in Nor Cal had an estimated 1 week delivery to So Cal Location. I received an email and text within 24 hours which was promising. Fast forward 2 weeks later and 0 updates other than the app asking me to pay down payment for agreed loan which I did. Emailed and text the applicable people every 2 days or so and have received nothing but we will get it out asap and get you an update. So literally 2+ weeks and 0 updates whatsoever with $30k already paid to Tesla. Just received an email from Service advisor stating “we are working on getting your vehicle onsite asap” so we can arrange transfer. I’m at a loss, getting on-site? Did Tesla sell me a vehicle they do not have? Trade I’m not received? Already sold to someone else by accident? Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thank you in advance.

I have not bought a used car from Tesla... but regarding the on-site, I know the service center near me (Devon, PA) has an off-site lot or storage... when I picked up my X I asked if I could see it between the time it arrived and the scheduled delivery and they said it might not be there because they don't have enough space in their service center lot except for immediate drop-offs or deliveries so they keep vehicles off-site at other times. Bottom line, it's not a given that a need to get a vehicle on-site means there's some kind of problem. :)

Ordered a 2018 X P100D from Tesla.Com on Easter Sunday (15 days ago). Checked all the boxes and being located only 7 hours away in Nor Cal had an estimated 1 week delivery to So Cal Location. I received an email and text within 24 hours which was promising. Fast forward 2 weeks later and 0 updates other than the app asking me to pay down payment for agreed loan which I did. Emailed and text the applicable people every 2 days or so and have received nothing but we will get it out asap and get you an update. So literally 2+ weeks and 0 updates whatsoever with $30k already paid to Tesla. Just received an email from Service advisor stating “we are working on getting your vehicle onsite asap” so we can arrange transfer. I’m at a loss, getting on-site? Did Tesla sell me a vehicle they do not have? Trade I’m not received? Already sold to someone else by accident? Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thank you in advance.
Trade-in's and lease returns are repaired, placed in holding lots, and immediately added to the site for sale. When you order you get a ballpark delivery time but logistics is tough right now. The cars are detailed after purchase because some have sat for a while. At that point issues may be identified and that may be another reason for delay. I bought one of their used cars in May 2020 and just grabbed a one-way rental to drive up which narrowed delivery to 3 days and saved $500 shipping.

Trade-in's and lease returns are repaired, placed in holding lots, and immediately added to the site for sale. When you order you get a ballpark delivery time but logistics is tough right now. The cars are detailed after purchase because some have sat for a while. At that point issues may be identified and that may be another reason for delay. I bought one of their used cars in May 2020 and just grabbed a one-way rental to drive up which narrowed delivery to 3 days and saved $500 shipping.
Thank you for the feedback. They have no waived my $500 delivery fee but still have no ETA only that they are having logistical issues regarding transferring from No to So Cal

Reactions: blodg1
The nightmare continues. Vehicle finally arrived in Irvine Wednesday delivery scheduled for today Friday at 11:30. Signed off on everything and just as we were to drive away they stopped us and said one tail light seems to be partially out. Took it back and and said needed a firmware update. 5 hours later the firmware “will not take” and I just got home in a loaner Model Y 🤦🏻‍♂️