Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model X Delivery now going on 3 Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The experience buying a used Tesla is not fun in the least bit. It may be due to COVID, but still, service could stand to improve significantly. I was due to pick it up 4/26 and the day before I was told it failed inspection and now 4 days later they still can't tell me why. I was forced to get insurance and to pay for the tesla in full (partial cash and partial loan from Alliant) before they would even send my car to Texas from AZ. Now 2 weeks later I am accruing interest and insurance costs and still have no vehicle. I can understand COVID is slowing things down but there is no reason Tesla service could not type up a quick email or pick up the phone and let me know whats going on and why Im paying for something I do not have. I don't want to let their service prevent me from enjoying my vehicle, but they sure are making it tough not to want to give up on them and go with a fully loaded Lexus.

They have yet to proactively tell me anything along this process, i have had to ask for every update myself. I didnt even get told when my car was scheduled for delivery, i figured it out one day by checking the website randomly. I wasnt even told the day they rescheduled the pick up too. I had to look for that myself too. Just poor poor service for such a high priced vehicle. They need to make strides improving the process.

The experience buying a used Tesla is not fun in the least bit. It may be due to COVID, but still, service could stand to improve significantly. I was due to pick it up 4/26 and the day before I was told it failed inspection and now 4 days later they still can't tell me why. I was forced to get insurance and to pay for the tesla in full (partial cash and partial loan from Alliant) before they would even send my car to Texas from AZ.

...They need to make strides improving the process.

You are spot on. I was fully expecting this scenario for my Used MX purchase on 4/22, shipping from CA to IL. I have not paid beyond the $100 order fee, and haven't even provided update insurance and the car is on it's way to IL already. I received the transportation notification for 5/1 arrival in IL, and my pickup schedule link is pending. Any consistency would be appreciated on their part.

I hope they get it together and you get your car!

FWIW, my advisor said they are having problem with transport companies during the pandemic, so with supply and demand the transport costs are going up - in many cases well above the $2K. He said they are eating $800+ on some of these transports and told to make calls to confirm buyers really want the cars.

Same here. Just complete an order with everything needed. It showed they are drafting a final contract, i guess i counldn’t know when is delivery date.

For those of you guys used Alliant loan, i have already had my loan package sent my way for doc sign. I think i can hold on signing the loan until the date of the car is delivered, right? Otherwise, if i sign the loan, but somehow i walk away form the offer, i have to stick on the loan to find another car.

Any advise?

Same here. Just complete an order with everything needed. It showed they are drafting a final contract, i guess i counldn’t know when is delivery date.

For those of you guys used Alliant loan, i have already had my loan package sent my way for doc sign. I think i can hold on signing the loan until the date of the car is delivered, right? Otherwise, if i sign the loan, but somehow i walk away form the offer, i have to stick on the loan to find another car.

Any advise?

I was required to fund my car before they would send to Texas. So I dont know why these sales advisors have an inconsistent message...

I was required to fund my car before they would send to Texas. So I dont know why these sales advisors have an inconsistent message...
well, actually, after called Alliant my loan company, they told me it's ok to get it funded first and it is required by Tesla in order to move the vehicle. If i walk away from the offer, I just need to let my Loan officer know, and they will draw back the fund from Tesla, and the loan will be cancelled.