Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model X delivery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model X from tesla. It states it was located near me about 30 minutes away. After I made the purchase they stated it wasn’t there and needed to be delivered there… Either way, they told me now the car should arrive today (Saturday), anyone have experience getting the ok to pick one weekends? How long am I looking at? They are so vague with everything…

Thanks!

I just got an update from them. They stated they did receive the car over the weekend but placed a delivery hold on the car because they noticed ”several minor scratches” on the front bumper and will it will need to be repainted, estimated a week for that. I didn’t know some minor scratches warrant an entire bumper to be repainted. Should I be concerned this car had some exterior damage/collision? CarFax looks clean.

I just got an update from them. They stated they did receive the car over the weekend but placed a delivery hold on the car because they noticed ”several minor scratches” on the front bumper and will it will need to be repainted, estimated a week for that. I didn’t know some minor scratches warrant an entire bumper to be repainted. Should I be concerned this car had some exterior damage/collision? CarFax looks clean.
They probably gouged the *sugar* out of the bottom of the bumper pulling it off the truck or something.

I actually had a good experience buying used through Tesla. I actually found the owner before me who had traded the car in. He told me of several cosmetic issues to look out for. Tesla took care of all of them. The car did have rock chips and some minor rear bumper scratches. But I expected that. I wouldn’t be too concerned of a collision but your SA should be able to send u a car fax. Any significant accident of concern would likely have been reported