Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model X ludicrousness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To add insult to injury, I actually was told today that, despite the order agreement and despite their telling me the car was on the way to Littleton so that I could pick it up this weekend, the car was actually incorrectly placed on the Tesla site as an available car and that it is actually a vehicle they use as a loaner so my order has to be cancelled. As a result, they offered to let me pick another used Model X and they will have it delivered to a place closer to me for free/will waive the $2,000, but this whole ordeal is not okay.
What an ordeal. Don't know how you are sleeping at night. Man...the angst the worry...the ...sleepless nights. DO you have free delivery or not? How many posts to discuss this terrible and shocking behavior will you have to write? Don't they realize this is taking time out of your allocated latte slurping. If they deliver for free do you have to file that as a gift on your tax return? Better finish the latte and call your accountant and then your therapist(s) and for good measure get in an extra hot yoga session and a Swedish massage.

What an ordeal. Don't know how you are sleeping at night. Man...the angst the worry...the ...sleepless nights. DO you have free delivery or not? How many posts to discuss this terrible and shocking behavior will you have to write? Don't they realize this is taking time out of your allocated latte slurping. If they deliver for free do you have to file that as a gift on your tax return? Better finish the latte and call your accountant and then your therapist(s) and for good measure get in an extra hot yoga session and a Swedish massage.

No one should have a car-buying experience like this. Period.

haha, wish I had time for all that. I’m an ER doc, and honestly if I ever happened to make mistakes like this, someone would be dead and multiple people without jobs, so I guess I’m thankful they’re only messing with people’s time and money... I already have sleepless nights since I work both swing and night shifts mostly. :)

Just have this lonely little thread as an effort to warn potential buyers to lower expectations and to hopefully help at least some people be prepared/aware that these things can happen. Also was hoping for any advice others may have. But, a swedish massage does seem like a great idea the next time I happen to get a day off. Don’t do yoga, but I do run and lift and shoot at the shooting range, so I guess we wouldn’t be able to ever hang out with lattes after yoga. Also, they claimed over the phone that I would get free delivery, nothing in writing yet, so I asked for that in writing and we will see about the rest.

Last edited:
I’m buying a used 2016 Model X from Tesla’s website. It was advertised as a P90DL, and it was stated to be a P90DL in the order agreement. However, when the folks at Tesla were emailing me about that car’s delivery process, it was mentioned in the email that they are removing the “ludicrous” mode prior to delivery. And, they are saying that it won’t be reinstalled for free nor will there be any discount. Isn’t that false advertising? And is it really legal to have that it is a P90DL in the order agreement and not follow through?

Tesla never disclosed anything to me in an email before they took ludicrous away from me after I bought our x. I am interested in getting a group together for legal action. This is not right what they are doing to their customers.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC