Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

used model x p100d - fair pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I am planning on buying a MX P100d in the next month or two - looking at a second hand one (2019 model) purely as £15k cheaper than brand new

I was hoping those with more tesla experienced may have a better view on what is fair pricing;
i have seen a couple of P100D model x recently, both 6 seat, white interior, 22" wheels (things i want), autopilot, twoing etc

both were around £94-96k

does that seem fair? i see that just about every 2017 MX p110d is still selling at £82-85k so they are clearly holding great residual value, although i imagine the 2017 ones probably cost much more new than current ones?
any thoughts appreciated as if i should be going in with lowwer offers and i can be credible then great
thanks

A brand new P100 X is £98K includes towing and basic autopilot.

Are the used ones you're looking at even Raven's? Anything non Raven to me is immediately worth 10K less even if it was brand new.

nice car (but not family-of-four-friendly :)

mswlogo: yeah agree if its mid 90's needs to be raven which the ones on tesla are but unsure on the externally listed ones....
£82k for a 2017 car seems very high too.
its sounds like any 2019 Raven with 22" and 6 seat anywhere around £95k is a good deal

nice car (but not family-of-four-friendly :)

mswlogo: yeah agree if its mid 90's needs to be raven which the ones on tesla are but unsure on the externally listed ones....
£82k for a 2017 car seems very high too.
its sounds like any 2019 Raven with 22" and 6 seat anywhere around £95k is a good deal

What’s that, about 12% savings?

New vs Used is huge in my book. Especially with a Tesla. And only the original owner can buy the extended warranty (a must have in my book, unless you know you won’t keep it long or put many miles). If you buy from dealer your likely to lose free supercharging.

I’d give up options for new.

Are 6 seats a must? Seen several posts of people trading in a 6 seat just to get the 7.

And I assume you know 22” eats a chunk of range. Like 25 miles if I recall correctly.

What’s that, about 12% savings?

New vs Used is huge in my book. Especially with a Tesla. And only the original owner can buy the extended warranty (a must have in my book, unless you know you won’t keep it long or put many miles). If you buy from dealer your likely to lose free supercharging.

I’d give up options for new.

Are 6 seats a must? Seen several posts of people trading in a 6 seat just to get the 7.

And I assume you know 22” eats a chunk of range. Like 25 miles if I recall correctly.
i absolutely LOVE tesla and I AM BUYING one but its crazy how much stuff you need to be aware off!
really appreciate this insight...i knew i would lose free supercharging (which i want as there is a new SC coming to my town soon) but didnt know about warranty - i didnt think you could even extend warranty - just the car warranty, not battery i assume?

thanks again....i will seriously consider new now!

Reactions: gangzoom
i absolutely LOVE tesla and I AM BUYING one but its crazy how much stuff you need to be aware off!
really appreciate this insight...i knew i would lose free supercharging (which i want as there is a new SC coming to my town soon) but didnt know about warranty - i didnt think you could even extend warranty - just the car warranty, not battery i assume?

thanks again....i will seriously consider new now!

Buying new with Tesla always makes more sense if you can afford it as you have noted the 'saving' made by going used is not massive.

Tesla extended warranty for UK cars appear to have disappeared as an option, it use to be with Allianze but you currently cannot buy it.

As options on the X, go for white leather and unless you really need 7 seats the 6 seater is just more 'special' for passengers to travel in. You have a true gangway for kids to walk down, and the lack of a middle seat in the 2nd row means people in the 3rd row are actually really comfy.

Good luck car hunting, as a family car I cannot think of anything else on the market at any price I would trade in our X for......apart from a P100D as ours is a lowly 75D, so not at all jealous :D.

42414039144_87acd7eea4_c.jpg

You loss about 5-10% range with 22 inch wheels, but with they do look amazing. I didn't actually find the range drop even on our 75D to be an issue here in the UK, the road noise/compliance however was noticeably worse on 22s so much so my wife actually complained so I had to switch back to 20s, so less range, less comfort, more road noise, more expensive tyres versus 20s.......it all depends on much you care about the look, the 22s are beautiful in real life up close, the wheels are now off the car and probably will never go back on but I cannot bare the thought of selling them :).

32469998267_3155d33ec0_c.jpg

33668065668_9795de6788_c.jpg

Last edited:
Buying new with Tesla always makes more sense if you can afford it as you have noted the 'saving' made by going used is not massive.

Tesla extended warranty for UK cars appear to have disappeared as an option, it use to be with Allianze but you currently cannot buy it.

As options on the X, go for white leather and unless you really need 7 seats the 6 seater is just more 'special' for passengers to travel in. You have a true gangway for kids to walk down, and the lack of a middle seat in the 2nd row means people in the 3rd row are actually really comfy.

Good luck car hunting, as a family car I cannot think of anything else on the market at any price I would trade in our X for......apart from a P100D as ours is a lowly 75D, so not at all jealous :D.

42414039144_87acd7eea4_c.jpg

You loss about 5-10% range with 22 inch wheels, but with they do look amazing. I didn't actually find the range drop even on our 75D to be an issue here in the UK, the road noise/compliance however was noticeably worse on 22s so much so my wife actually complained so I had to switch back to 20s, so less range, less comfort, more road noise, more expensive tyres versus 20s.......it all depends on much you care about the look, the 22s are beautiful in real life up close, the wheels are now off the car and probably will never go back on but I cannot bare the thought of selling them :).

32469998267_3155d33ec0_c.jpg

33668065668_9795de6788_c.jpg
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Your car looks immense!
I love the white six seat set up.
Maybe I buy a Mx with smaller wheels and buy your 22” off you? Ha! I assume they go str8 on
The raven has longer range I think so that negates ant range loss of the 22” I am guessing
Thanks all

@poolmeds To be honest even on 20s the X looks pretty crazy, especially when you consider its main job is the family 'hack', so skip runs, daily commute, family holidays etc. I cannot think of another SUV that offers similar utility but still make the driver smile every morning:).

If you do get your X feel free to PM on the 22s, its not the range drop that bothered me that much more the ride, but Ravens are suppose to have better suspension....

What ever happens though if you do get an X am 100% you woudlnt be disappointed, as a family car its unbeatable, nothing else for sale today comes close, especially if you have the funds for the P version!

40739588225_50e947040f_b_d.jpg

@poolmeds To be honest even on 20s the X looks pretty crazy, especially when you consider its main job is the family 'hack', so skip runs, daily commute, family holidays etc. I cannot think of another SUV that offers similar utility but still make the driver smile every morning:).

If you do get your X feel free to PM on the 22s, its not the range drop that bothered me that much more the ride, but Ravens are suppose to have better suspension....

What ever happens though if you do get an X am 100% you woudlnt be disappointed, as a family car its unbeatable, nothing else for sale today comes close, especially if you have the funds for the P version!

40739588225_50e947040f_b_d.jpg
Thanks gangzoom!
Much appreciated! The cost of the 22” new means I may buy without and then contact you or look fir replicas if you hold on to them

thanks again, your car is immense