Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model x scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello-
I'm looking at used Model X’s through Tesla. Many of the photos show scratches, paint marks, etc. Does Tesla ever repair any of this body work or is there used inventory sold ”as is”?

Thanks!

As is.
But the good news.....When I bought mine last year I saw the pictures of the scratches and was concerned that the car had been abused. After delivery of the car, i searched for the scratches. There was one under the fascia on the drives side that was not visible unless you were on your hands and knees. Two other ones were so small it took days to find them. The pictures were taken at extreme close up views and distorted the true condition of the car. Based upon the pictures I planned on spending $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 to touch up the car.
I didn't have to spend anything. Mine came out of the Chicago area and I am assuming Mannheim took the pictures. They weren't hi res but there were thorough.

everything is sold as is and if they took a pic of it, you knew what you are getting. BUT, alternately if there was any damage and there wasn't a picture of it, it's assumed to not be damaged and if you find it on delivery you can refuse acceptance if they do not agree to repair it, either before you get it or at a later time with a "due bill".