Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model X without EAP or FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a 2018 X without EAP or FSD. Currently owner states that EAP is $3k and FSD is $10k. I would not get FSD but would buy EAP.

I don't know what shenanigans Tesla will pull after ownership is transferred. Would EAP be more money after ownership transfer like $4k. Or should I lock in the $3k and then transfer ownership. Can anyone confirm that EAP will definitely transfer?

Or I may not get anything and hope for a discount EAP and/or FSD promo.

Any experience or thoughts? Thank you!

Wait, I'm confused...is he saying he'll buy EAP and then charge you for it by adding it to the price? If you're receiving it in days, I don't think the price would change. Tesla rarely removes EAP and FSD for P2P sales (which this is), but I don't know why you wouldn't just buy it after officially adding the Model X to your account.

Also, I might be mistaken but doesn't Tesla now offer Autopilot automatically with all Teslas? Was that done in 2018? If so, would the $3K EAP add significant more value than potentially already added base autopilot?

With EAP, the FSD upgrade should be $5k... However, I believe that was only if you had EAP prior to the price changes... You may want to get a confirmation screenshot from their account on the upgrade pricing (it should be listed in their vehicle's upgrade page). My account shows FSD for $5k since I got my X with EAP in 2019.

Not sure what will happen when the vehicle is transferred over - since technically, EAP is no longer offered... They may then only offer the FSD upgrade at the now $10k price... If your primary usage will be on freeways/highways, then, EAP is more than sufficient...