Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model Y dash says “schedule service for low voltage battery” - is it okay to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to purchase a used Tesla Model Y. I’m not sure things to look out for while purchasing a used model y. Any tips on this will be greatly appreciated. Also, is it concerning that the vehicle has that “Schedule service for low voltage battery”? It seems like it’s not a big deal but would love to know. Also this particular vehicle doesn’t have the OEM wheels. Can I bargain pricing for that?

Last edited:
I agree with you IF the mobile tech will come to you and do it. I live 50 miles from the nearest Service Center. A Mobile Tech has never come to any of my neighbors -- always have to drive to the SC.

However, I repeat my previous warning: as soon as the 12V battery warning appears, get it replaced IMMEDIATELY by any means necessary. It is a single-point failure in a Tesla. If the 12V battery is dead you can't open the doors, can't open the frunk, and can't put the car in neutral. Tow trucks hate it if you can't put the car in neutral.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
Today I got the quote of $165 for battery replacement.

Upvote 0