Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model Y Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what they are realistically selling for. Many buyers are willing to pay a premium for Tesla's, as well as other used cars due to the chip shortage. This will settle down once chip suppliers catch up and Austin Gigafactory goes online and Tesla is closer to meeting market demand. Until then, prepare to pay extra, or wait extra long.

I looked around and see a bunch of low mileage 2021 Model Y LRs listed in the $65k+ range. Does anybody have any idea how much they are actually selling for? That seems crazy.

They are selling for what you see. Every couple of weeks for the past year and half or so, someone posts here on TMC some variation of the following:

===================
"I was planning on buying a used Model 3 / Y to save some money on it. WTF is wrong with these prices?!?! They cost as much <slightly less than / as much as / even more than> new! These used cars are overpriced!!!!!
===================

A post similar to the above has been made here in the model 3 / Y subforums pretty much at least twice a month for the past year and half. Specifically for model Ys, some of them are selling for more than new, because of the general used car market being bonkers right now. If your goal is "I want to save a bunch of money buying a used model Y", you need to re think that, or wait for a couple more years most likely.

This is not limited to Teslas.

I purchased a 2018 VW Tiguan for my daughter end of 2020. She had it for slightly more than a year, decided she wanted an electric car, so I sold it. I received $2,000 more then I paid over a year ago. I got her a Kia Niro, which she loves.

My neighbor is selling his 3 year old Porsche Boxster, because the prices he's getting quoted are ridiculous.

There is a major shortage of new cars due to chip shortage, which has created a much higher demand on used cars.