TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Used P3D: Does free internet & supercharging transfer?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Carl_Drogo, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

I am considering purchasing a used Performance Model 3. The ones that were ordered early came with free supercharging and internet for life. Does anyone know if that stuff transfers to a second owner or is it just for the original owner?

Thanks

2. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Supercharging stays with the original owner. No one has said anything official about the data but I imagine it stays with the original owner as well.

• Like x 2
  3. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@Carl_Drogo,

Why in the world is someone selling their used P3D already? Buyers remorse? I can’t wrap my head around that. I don’t even have mine yet.

Ski

• Like x 2
  4. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

I don't know.

5. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Buyer told wife it was a $35,000 Model 3 when it actually wasn't? If my 3P+ goes on sale, that's going to be because the wife found out. ;)

Model 3 Performance isn't for everyone, main thing is its nowhere near as comfortable as the S for 5 people, storing tons of stuff and touring.

• Like x 1
  6. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Free unlimited Supercharging that the M3 Performance buyers get now via the Referrals is NOT transferable. Going to be something that future secondary market buyers need to verify.

• Like x 1
  7. UltralightBeam

Maybe they are selling because of their rear glass wasn’t all red in light rain during the day? /s

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
  8. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Maybe he didn't like it. Maybe he lost his job. Maybe he realized he couldn't afford it. Maybe he's moving out of the country. Maybe he's getting divorced.

Etc etc

• Like x 2