Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used panels from Tesla (Should I?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been offered a system from Tesla. It's a 10.4kW system consisting of 40x REC 260 panels. The panels are being sold as repurposed, but do have a 20 year warranty. The price is amazing at $13000 before tax incentives. I don't really care for dark blue/white panels, but it's a pretty good deal.

What do you think? Anything I should be aware of? Is it bad to go with 260W panels?

Thanks

I've been offered a system from Tesla. It's a 10.4kW system consisting of 40x REC 260 panels. The panels are being sold as repurposed, but do have a 20 year warranty. The price is amazing at $13000 before tax incentives. I don't really care for dark blue/white panels, but it's a pretty good deal.

What do you think? Anything I should be aware of? Is it bad to go with 260W panels?

Thanks

The most expensive part of the solar panel is the racking installation and the electrical. Does $13000 include installation and inverter? If so, you are getting solar panels for free. I would go with it. Even if you have to replace some of the equipment later, it is still a very good deal.

Reactions: matt_net_zero