Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Powerwall installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DIY install probably not realistic:

If you can find an installer where you're providing the parts, they'll still need to make a profit on the install, and they can't offer a warranty on those used parts, so they'd need to specifically exclude them in writing.

The biggest problem I found with this approach is that people selling powerwalls are looking to get close to 100% of their original cost back, way overpriced.

The biggest obstacle (other than needing the technical skill and know how to do this), would be needing to be able to register the powerwalls with tesla. If they are used, they may be on someone elses account, etc, and I believe tesla requires someone to be an installer to be able to call and register the powerwalls to an account.

I am not 100% sure on that, but believe that is the case. So, unless you have an "in" with an installer with the credentials to be able to register these (or are willing to pay a company the labor charges to install them, which would likely be astronomical if they were not selling you the equipment), along with them likely wanting no part of any warranty work on the parts if they dont work, etc.... I wouldnt plan on doing this yourself.

Reactions: Vines