Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Purchase Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I finally placed an order on a Model X that is to ship from Baltimore to Chicago using Tesla's transport option. It's been 17 days so far though and zero updates from Tesla. I've bothered the Sales Advisor and the Inside Delivery Advisor more than a dozen times through email and SMS messages and still no one can tell me anything about the vehicle. If it's been shipped, not shipped, something else, simply nothing at all. No update.

I'm curious what the experience of others has been and if you ran into this sort of problem, how you were able to get it resolved? I've read stories on the Tesla form of delays and watched the experience of Rich Benoit on YouTube. I had really hoped things would have improved.

What was your experience? How did you work through similar problems?

Many thanks,

Dcrbrts

They probably aren't going to pay a truck just to ship your car. The shipper (or Tesla) has to aggregate enough cars to justify the cost of shipping. Preferably it will be a direct trip, so that don't have to offload the car and reload on another truck, but that probably will take longer.

Anticipation

Thanks for the replies and this all makes sense. It would be nice if Tesla could at least tell you something, provide some tracking detail like most online orders, or something you'd get from FedEx or UPS. At facility, departed location, in transit, arrived at facility, delivery prep, etc. Something like that. Would help me with that anticipation ;-)

To wrap this up, finally took delivery this last weekend on July 20th. From down payment to delivery took a day over five weeks.

This is my first Tesla and I am thrilled with the car. The process, however, has almost unlimited room for improvement. Ultimately it seemed that no one knew or was willing to share what was happening between the time I paid and when the delivery center had it. If Tesla would set clear expectations upfront and provide some sort of status between order and delivery it would be such a better experience.

The Tesla staff at the delivery center were amazing and silently cruising away in my new-to-me X has pretty much wiped all the anxious anticipation from my memory. If you're waiting for your own delivery, hang in there!

I have had cars shipped across the country and unfortunately unless you are paying for covered (semi-private) shopping this is the norm. The only way to get updates was to call the shipping company dispatch and have them call the drivers ..unfortunately this is not something entirely in Tesla’s control as other have mentioned shipping companies wait to aggregate car shipments ..congrats on the Tesla enjoy !!

To wrap this up, finally took delivery this last weekend on July 20th. From down payment to delivery took a day over five weeks.

This is my first Tesla and I am thrilled with the car. The process, however, has almost unlimited room for improvement. Ultimately it seemed that no one knew or was willing to share what was happening between the time I paid and when the delivery center had it. If Tesla would set clear expectations upfront and provide some sort of status between order and delivery it would be such a better experience.

The Tesla staff at the delivery center were amazing and silently cruising away in my new-to-me X has pretty much wiped all the anxious anticipation from my memory. If you're waiting for your own delivery, hang in there!

Which Year was the X and few more details please!

Which Year was the X and few more details please!

I bought a 2016 X 90D, Deep Blue Metallic, Ultra White, Carbon Fiber trim. Six seat, tow package, hi-fi audio, subzero, adaptive suspension, unlimited supercharging, about every option from that point in time except ludicrous mode. I spent a good 2-3 months perpetually following one of the Tesla inventory aggregator web sites, stalking vehicles and waiting for the options I wanted.

This week took my first road trip and can't believe it, the whole experience. I was telling a friend that if more people realized how easy this is, I'm certain the concept of an all-electric vehicle would spread faster. Drove over 900 miles this week on electricity!

Found my first supercharger and thought I'd walk into the store to buy something to drink. Browsed a couple aisles in the store and when I was checking out my phone messages me that charging was about complete. Most people in the forums here know this already but I am still baffled. Even found a parking garage with more free charging. It's just awesome.

first-supercharger.jpg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I bought a 2016 X 90D, Deep Blue Metallic, Ultra White, Carbon Fiber trim. Six seat, tow package, hi-fi audio, subzero, adaptive suspension, unlimited supercharging, about every option from that point in time except ludicrous mode. I spent a good 2-3 months perpetually following one of the Tesla inventory aggregator web sites, stalking vehicles and waiting for the options I wanted.

This week took my first road trip and can't believe it, the whole experience. I was telling a friend that if more people realized how easy this is, I'm certain the concept of an all-electric vehicle would spread faster. Drove over 900 miles this week on electricity!

Found my first supercharger and thought I'd walk into the store to buy something to drink. Browsed a couple aisles in the store and when I was checking out my phone messages me that charging was about complete. Most people in the forums here know this already but I am still baffled. Even found a parking garage with more free charging. It's just awesome.

View attachment 434472

Do you mind sharing how much you paid for it? It will help get an understanding on what to expect? Did yours have AP1 or AP2 and if AP2, does it have FSD?