TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Used Purchase?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MrSellsHomes, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MrSellsHomes

MrSellsHomes New Member

I don't know much about these cars but have been looking at used by owner ads lately. Wondering what reliability has been like for people with 2013 P85s. Would love your feedback!

2. demundus

demundus Member

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

the earlier models have been known to have a lot of minor niggly issues. the worst that can happen are problems necessitating drive unit replacements and battery contact issues.
    have you searched the CPO inventory? I would recommend not buying a used tesla from a non tesla used car dealer.

4. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

I bought one from non tesla dealer. I called Fremont, asked about service history, she told me it was fine and had the service performed.
    Buy it where you get best price. I knew where every used one was in USA. I bought mine in Atlanta, flew up to get it.

5. cab

cab Member

I picked up a CPO P85+ over a year ago. Today, however, there is a pretty hefty price premium on the CPO cars and I would probably just get a regular used one and set a few grand aside for repairs. The drive unit and battery are covered for 8 years regardless.

6. ABVA

ABVA Member

I got my MS 85 back in 2013. Got my MS100D in April 2017. My 2013 MS 85 doing great and will still beat a four year old ICE.

We started back in 2013. Now I have two in the household, and five, yes five MS in the family, pretty soon to be seven when we take delivery of Model 3s. In Spite of lots of negativity in the media from way back in 2012/13 and now on the forums, we never regretted our choice/s and probably never will drive any thing else.