Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Rim Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was experiencing a vibration in my 14 P85+ So I take it in for an alignment and the service center tells me two of my rims are bent. They rotated so they are on the back and the vibration is minimal, but recommended I start shopping around for a used pair to replace two.

So I start browsing and I’m blown away by how many different prices I’m seeing for the replacement 19” slipstreams. I see them from 150-600 per each wheel. Sometimes with sensor, sometimes with a tire, but it’s all over the place.

Question is:
A. Do I buy 2 used rims? If so, what’s a good price to pay?
B. Swap all 4 of my existing for a set of Model x 20” offset slipstreams? Better efficiency?
C. Find a set of 21” staggered slipstreams (these are what the car came with from the factory, they were swapped out prior to me buying the car)

If you're in the market for new wheels, get some aftermarket wheels that are lighter. My wheels are lighter than the factory 21s, even though they are larger and wider.
I bought a remanufactured wheel from eBay in the past. I have to say they were really good, balanced well, and had no issues.

1647870782650.png

Depending on the condition of your roads, I'd be wary of going back to the original 21" Turbines (not slipstreams). I killed two tires on a pothole with my 21's; switching to 19s I saw a marked improvement in comfort and efficiency. Oh, and the tires are cheaper.

Used rim prices are indeed all over the place. I guess some of the sellers are looking for the "I need a replacement urgently" kind of buyer. If you have the time, storage space and inclination, there are a few sets of four on eBay with tires; get those, and sell your two good ones at your leisure?