Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla 55kwh vs new one 60kwh. Worth the difference in kwh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I place an order on September here in Switzerland for a M3 SR+, but I don't have a delivery date yet.
I was looking in the market of used and I found a 2021 around 85% of cost of new one.
The difference from 2021 to 2022 I think is just the battery size, right?
This 5kwh of energy do a big difference?
Because I did some simulations at Abetterroutplaner and the difference in a trip was only 4% more of charge I need to have instead of 10% that is the difference in battery size.

Thank you.

Please put things in perspective. I waited 4 months. Frankly, given What’s happening in the world today everybody is on edge. Thee world and you deserve and need closure right now. Please put things in perspective your vehicle will show up. I’de buy an M3LR anyway in Switzerland.

Hi, I place an order on September here in Switzerland for a M3 SR+, but I don't have a delivery date yet.
I was looking in the market of used and I found a 2021 around 85% of cost of new one.
The difference from 2021 to 2022 I think is just the battery size, right?
This 5kwh of energy do a big difference?
Because I did some simulations at Abetterroutplaner and the difference in a trip was only 4% more of charge I need to have instead of 10% that is the difference in battery size.

Thank you.
The difference between the 2021 and 2022 might be more than just battery size. In particular, the 2022 at some point received a significantly faster computer, and a lithium-ion accessory battery to replaced the 12V lead-acid one. That's important to me.

The 12V lead-acid battery inevitably fails within a few years and causes strange problems, and can leave you stranded without any way to move the car easily if it fails quickly (which it can do). The lithium-ion should last the lifetime of the car.