TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Used Tesla Inspector in Southern California?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by dethman, Apr 28, 2018.

1. dethman

dethman Member

Found a used Model S I like at a local dealership (not tesla). No extended warranty, so would like to get it inspected prior to purchase. Anyone know who in the Orange County area could do something like this?

I doubt if I took it to the Tesla in Costa Mesa they would give two shits about me.

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I'm pretty sure Tesla will do pre-purchase inspections for you. Just call them and ask if you can bring in a third-party used Tesla for a PPI and see what they say. It might cost you $100-$150.

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Maybe post on the OC Tesla Forum...some Tesla form member experts can probably help you out.

4. dethman

dethman Member

thank you for the heads up did not know there was such a subcategory.

5. dethman

dethman Member

called tesla, they do not do pre purchase inspections. i think they're too busy fixing all the problems with their own cars.

• Like x 1
  6. owen.shift

owen.shift Member

Here's what I would do; it'll cost you $250.

Go to your local Tesla Service Center. Speak with the Service Concierge (= front desk) and explain your situation.
    Tell them that you'd like an experienced Service Technician to have a look at the car in their free time, and that there's $200 in it for them.

Hand the Service Concierge 1) your phone number on a piece of paper, and 2) a $50.

:)