Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I am new here.
I'm proud Tesla owner for 2 weeks now, and I got a great deal on a 2018 M3P with track package on Carvana.

I had an inspection done at Tesla with the request to let me know if I should raise any concerns to the dealer. Tesla said all good.
So I did not make any claim with Carvana and the 7 day money back guarantee expired.
A week later I received a comment from the Tesla Mobile Service Technician that the disk brakes of the front wheels seem to have been replaced since they are not original size and this could be a safety issue. Carvana is shrugging their shoulders since I did not mention anything within the 7 days.
I send a comment to Tesla, explaining that my situation is due to them missing to inform me after inspection.
I also made a new service appointment with the center in Miami (Coral Gables, FL).
Do you have any experience/advice on what I could/should do to get the correct disc brakes without paying out of pocket?

Attachments

• IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_4320 2.jpg
    IMG_4320 2.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 63
Unfortunately think you’re out of luck. What type of inspection did you have at Tesla? Did you have to pay for it?
I got a general inspection requesting to look into anything I should claim to the dealer and paid Tesla $198,22.
The problem was that they did not inform me about the disk brakes after the inspection even after asking, neither verbally or the inspection report.
So technically, I see the situation to be their responsibility, but it might be just me..
I just want to have the correct disks brakes on the car. Any ideas/recommendation how I should proceed?

I got a general inspection requesting to look into anything I should claim to the dealer and paid Tesla $198,22.
The problem was that they did not inform me about the disk brakes after the inspection even after asking, neither verbally or the inspection report.
So technically, I see the situation to be their responsibility, but it might be just me..
I just want to have the correct disks brakes on the car. Any ideas/recommendation how I should proceed?
I do too… they didn’t provide the service you paid for… I’d go into the SC and speak with the manager, worst case get refund for inspection to use towards new discs.

Update: They changed the brake rotors free of cost.

SC Comment:
"I saw that another service center installed the last performance brake package and no other brake work was done. I have covered the brakes due to the possibility of it being a error on our end."

My question:
Why were the smaller brake rotors installed in the first place?

SC Comment:
"So im not sure, upon further digging the (track package) kit doesn't come with rotors so either those rotors have been wrong from before the kit was installed, or they may have been changed out afterwards, we just covered it under warranty since its possible its been that way from the factory (incorrect), but who knows.."

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Update: They changed the brake rotors free of cost.

SC Comment:
"I saw that another service center installed the last performance brake package and no other brake work was done. I have covered the brakes due to the possibility of it being a error on our end."

My question:
Why were the smaller brake rotors installed in the first place?

SC Comment:
"So im not sure, upon further digging the (track package) kit doesn't come with rotors so either those rotors have been wrong from before the kit was installed, or they may have been changed out afterwards, we just covered it under warranty since its possible its been that way from the factory (incorrect), but who knows.."
Wow, you scored. It could have been Carvana's fault or the previous owner too.

I am very grateful that they replaced the rotors, but after this experience I will most likely not go back to the Tesla Service Center once my Basic Warranty expires.
I also ended up paying for an additional inspection at the Electrified Garage in West Palm Beach, FL which I can highly recommend!
Turns out the front lower control arms are worn and the front wheel inner side is bent. Nothing major, but I wish the Tesla SC would have made me aware of this.