Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla model 3 valuation going down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

Looks like the days of high valuation used Teslas model 3 are over. I got valuations of 43000 for my 2021 model 3 from Vroom, carvana and Tesla. I now have to take a loan out. Bummed

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
carvana was the lowest offer for me (did not even bother with tesla) for my 2020 black/black model 3 perf with pup and fsd, 19k miles. they only offered 51 and change. driveway was the most at 55k. i only paid 51k for the car in 2020 (had equity in my old car at the time and carvana was the HIGHEST back then).
yeah im glad i took the bait when i did in january because i knew it was a matter of time. when i saw carvana was low balling me like that, i knew i had to act fast.

try give me the vin, shift, driveway, carbuyerusa. all of those for me were higher than carvana, which was a shock for me.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Yeah, pretty big drop from a just a couple months ago. 30k miles, White, 18" wheels, no FSD. I saw offers of $38-40k for a while.
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 3.22.49 PM.png

carvana was the lowest offer for me (did not even bother with tesla) for my 2020 black/black model 3 perf with pup and fsd, 19k miles. they only offered 51 and change. driveway was the most at 55k. i only paid 51k for the car in 2020 (had equity in my old car at the time and carvana was the HIGHEST back then).
yeah im glad i took the bait when i did in january because i knew it was a matter of time. when i saw carvana was low balling me like that, i knew i had to act fast.

try give me the vin, shift, driveway, carbuyerusa. all of those for me were higher than carvana, which was a shock for me.
Give me the vin was pretty good. May give them a try when I get close to the delivery day.

I am trading in an MKV Supra for my M3P and I have noticed that since late last year the trade in value from the Supra has gone down a lot. Was quoted $57K from Vroom back in Sep/Oct and now the best quote I got is $52K from Getmethevin. Vroom is now $50K, but it is winter here and I think that plays a role. Because of trade in tax credit Telsa's offer is the best as it is the equivalent of $56Kish. Most likely taking Tesla's offer but I am going to push harder as KBB shows my value at $56K for trade in.

I am trading in an MKV Supra for my M3P and I have noticed that since late last year the trade in value from the Supra has gone down a lot. Was quoted $57K from Vroom back in Sep/Oct and now the best quote I got is $52K from Getmethevin. Vroom is now $50K, but it is winter here and I think that plays a role. Because of trade in tax credit Telsa's offer is the best as it is the equivalent of $56Kish. Most likely taking Tesla's offer but I am going to push harder as KBB shows my value at $56K for trade in.

KBB trade in values are over inflated. What you need to get access to is MMR auction results. Some dealers don’t even bother with trying to resell your car they just send to auction. Tesla is one of those types.

KBB trade in values are over inflated. What you need to get access to is MMR auction results. Some dealers don’t even bother with trying to resell your car they just send to auction. Tesla is one of those types.

This wasn’t just KBB. I was getting quotes from Carvana, Vroom, Getmethevin, etc. it’s not just my Supra, my Wrangler has dripped about $5K in resale too in the last month or so. I do agree it’s auction driven but some cars are definitely cooling for resale/used vs just a few months ago. Interest rates are rising (another jump expected in March) so that may be a factor but inflation is up so you would think used car prices woukd rise or be as high as they were a few months ago.

id give driveway a shot too. they are a very large operator (lithia motors) and have a lot of dealers across the country. they had the highest offer over others because they have so many outlets. here in LA there are so many used teslas, the market is saturated, so consequently carvana was the lowest offer for me for my 2020 tesla. their site had a lot of teslas.