TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Used Tesla on carsales

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by houdini, Jun 1, 2015.

1. houdini

houdini Member

Guess this one was traded in on an RV or caravan:2014 Tesla Model S 85 Reduction Gear

Has a few options so maybe the $140,000 is OK. What do you think (not asking because I'm looking at buying, just interested in an assessment of the pricing for a less than year old S85).

2. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

It is a fully loaded car with only 1500 on the clock. Provided it has not been in any accidents, it is probably a very good vehicle. It is to all intents new. Haven't checked out new prices recently. Take off $1500 for km used as Tesla does, and you will have your value answer.

3. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

But no sunroof.

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

It's between $10 and 15k below new which is not much of a saving considering that you may need to pay stamp duty on top of the $140k price. Can't imagine why you would order and wait for a Model S then 1500 kms later trade it on an RV. Sudden retirement?

5. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

Yes people do need a reason for things, otherwise they are inclined to think the worst. Car must be a lemon.

6. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Possibly the same vehicle that was up for sale back in mid-April.

7. salamagd

salamagd Member

Yeah I think this might be "ZAPZAP" that was listed a while ago in Victoria - the seller had it listed for private sale at $140k for a while, then put it up on eBay and I think it got to $85k or something before bidding stopped. Reason for sale sounded pretty dodgy at the time too - apparently his "wife preferred the Benz".

8. GregHudson

GregHudson Member

ZAPZAP was a black metallic one (I think)?

9. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

EV-lution's original post referring to Zapzap was back on April 11th, the ebay ad states the colour as Blue, under difficult lighting it could be seen as Black I guess.
    Both cars registered in March 2015.

10. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

ZAPZAP is now on the streets of Adelaide. So, presumably it was sold and transported over there.

11. houdini

houdini Member

There must be money in RV's: is that an Audi R8 in the background of one of the shots?

12. MDK

MDK Aussie Member

The original carsales ad for "ZAPZAP" said he was interested in a trade for an interesting classic car.

The dealer in SA obviously has an interest in unique cars, so perhaps they had a vehicle he wanted.

13. houdini

houdini Member