Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Purchase Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning

Buying a 2022 MS 3k miles from major online dealership (vroom/carvana). They have a 7 day return policy on the vehicle with a clean carfax. If my visual and driving inspection present no problems, probably a good idea to still get it inspected by Tesla or a local mechanic correct?

Has anyone purchased from 3rd party dealership or private party and didn't get an inspection?

Thanks

Tesla will do it. I had the Clarkston MI service center do an inspection the week after I purchased my used ‘17 75D. It was around $200.
I just bought an 18 and need a spare key and was going to have Tesla do an inspection too. I need the recall on the frunk latch done so I figure may as well get the key and an inspection done since I just bought it. They quoted me $153 at the Indianapolis service for the inspection sounds like the price is okay after reading your post. The Key was way cheaper than I thought $175 and only $18 for programing.

Good morning

Buying a 2022 MS 3k miles from major online dealership (vroom/carvana). They have a 7 day return policy on the vehicle with a clean carfax. If my visual and driving inspection present no problems, probably a good idea to still get it inspected by Tesla or a local mechanic correct?

Has anyone purchased from 3rd party dealership or private party and didn't get an inspection?

Thanks
This gentleman in South Carolina offers inspection service. Home

Thanks for the suggestions. Some updates. Visually inspected the car and the car was in perfect condition and drove well! It had a full body PPF as well.

Tried Tesla but they said that the car needed to be on my account before they did any inspections. Added it the day of but it "failed" 3 days later and had to wait another 3 days to process the ownership transfer.

Tried a mobile vehicle inspector and they guy literally told me over phone to not waste my money getting an inspection and at worst go to a paint body shop to see if there's been any damage or paint done. Decided to just forgo the inspection and 2 months later it's been ok so far.

Reactions: aerodyne