Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla UK pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking for a used Tesla, and the recent drop to the UK site of a few used and up and coming inventory has got me thinking that for the UK market the used prices feel a little inflated.

I don't see many used shifting that quickly, if at all in the main, and although the US prices are not fair to compare due to it differing market and size of that market, UK used are quite high.

Has anyone else looked and decided to wait until prices drop some more?

Not surprised, also talking to non-Tesla dealers who have the odd example in their stock they won't hear or budge on price, their call naturally, but they are not selling and the older cars are not the car that can attract a high premium price anymore IMHO (build quality compared to new, lack of AP if appropriate, no used Tesla warranty) and they mark them up quite high I feel, oh well, playing the waiting game :)

Just about to call a dealer on a used Tesla we are emailing about, and I know how the conversation is going to go, so why bother with the sales dance on the phone knowing I will leave that conversation without any haggling
I think the second hand prices will have hardened and should have as the new prices have risen so much lately.

My 90D delivered last March would now be about £10k more today.

Have you tried Auto Trader? - there are many for sale.

Tony

Yes Autotrader and PistonHeads have a few, but I could be wrong but in my opinion they are all over priced. Cheapest today is £52K for a base 85 with little options, no AP but TechPack of that time, a much better built 60 base new would be £55K, for me those 85s should be well under £50K but I guess I would say that, and they have zero warranty, at least Tesla used have the 4yr/50,000 mile safety net included.
I'll wait (been lurking for used for a few weeks now) just thinking aloud at the inflated used pricing :)

Edit : there are a couple I really like the look of but feel they are about £8-10K over priced, and used Tesla, for me, need to be cheaper as those older cars are not as well built as the new ones, the Model S that get built in a year or two with new AP 2.0 etc will be better built than todays.

Last edited:
Some inventory cars were removed from one of the non-Tesla CPO sites, the other still has them.

Wonder of Tesla Vision/AP2 will knock down inventory AP1 cars a little in price, or the wider non-Tesla used market.

I haven't seen any price drops, US prices have shifted down a little, used in private and non-Tesla dealers are still very high I feel.

With no extended 4yr warranty, now older AP1 hardware and build quality on the older cars compared to new I am still wondering why they are still being sold at such high prices?

Will continue to wait, might though with AP2 hardware just give in and get a new base 60, no options, then pay for AP unlock in 12 months with a new loan added to the PCP at that point in time?

Took a P90D out for a test drive yesterday, it confirms these cars drive like no other car, smooth and linear, re-inforcing my desire to get a Tesla, but I might be caught in the cross-fire of other new EVs from the competition and miss the Tesla boat due to me dithering for the pricing to shake down some more :)

I might be caught in the cross-fire of other new EVs from the competition and miss the Tesla boat due to me dithering for the pricing to shake down some more

Yup, I reckon you will!

Or ... maybe the price of AP1 will fall like a stone and you will get one for a song? That I doubt - because the price has risen considerably with falling pound, so in effect reducing depreciation for folk who bought them earlier. I've had mine a few months, it was on order for several months, and in that time there have been 3 (maybe even 4?) price rises ... so my decision looks sweet, with benefit of hindsight, but not a great market for buyers.

Yup, I reckon you will!

Or ... maybe the price of AP1 will fall like a stone and you will get one for a song? That I doubt - because the price has risen considerably with falling pound, so in effect reducing depreciation for folk who bought them earlier. I've had mine a few months, it was on order for several months, and in that time there have been 3 (maybe even 4?) price rises ... so my decision looks sweet, with benefit of hindsight, but not a great market for buyers.

Yes good points, I remember the 60 being introduced at the lower in price point so that was the new base Model and doesn't seem to have shifted in price outside the 3% rise, from £53,500 to £55,400.
I noticed perhaps the 70/75 line changing a bit.

I have resigned myself to waiting and seeing and maybe, if luck allows, snatch a base 60 or 60D, AP1 version or a killer 70/75 that may come online?

But yes of course it is probable that the £ falling is keeping used prices stable as the new costs keep shifting upwards (AP1 to AP2 now only option for new, Model X SAS only options and other slight shifts in spec)

I shouldn't really use the US CPO pages as any reference for us here but $45K (£36K @ $1.22 for £) for a used 60, with AP in the TechPack version (late 2014) the UK equivalant is £45-50K on our used market. I find the UK pricing about £5-8K above what I feel it should be at.

US used prices are very competitive for non-Tesla sellers (private etc) but the $ is more stable, until the US election maybe :)

I heard from A source at Tesla that they have shipped or shipping 3000 inventory cars to Europe and so hopefully there will be some AP1 examples going for a good price..

Great thanks for the info, fingers crossed some UK AP1 come into the inventory. I can see about 40 inventory on EV-CPO site, but none official on the UK site as yet.
If we get say 100-200 inventory I am sure one or two would be at a good price, just need to keep eyes open when they are free to purchase.

it was a 2016 with approx 6-7k on the clock 85?D with air suspension @63K which seemed extra ordinarily cheap, for the other bits on it--air and auto p

Sounds a good deal, was it re-fresh or classic model?

PCP snafu from Tesla meant I lost a deal on a refresh 75D, PUP, Pano, NGS, Red Multi-coat, £77K book down to £60K to buy, cancelled order at the time. Got deposit back but lost the car, still.

Hoping some UK side Q4 deals for older AP1 inventory cars come on song soon?

End of year inventory discounts are expected. They are probably going to get rid of 90Ds and P90Ds.

Makes sense, I'm looking at this stage for 60/70/75 or if the deal is there a 60D/70D/75D at base spec, with AP1 activated only, then look again in 2-3 years at what the Model S is then.
I also liked some of your intel xborg on the upcoming P100D and other new possible features, it seems the Model S could be a fully featured luxury car by the time Model 3 hits in the future.

Reactions: xborg
I am in a similar situation in that I am lurking and looking for a deal if it comes up. Since I have to run it through my business, it has to be inventory for me.

However, I am holding back until end of the quarter because I firmly believe that there will be some deals being done on AP1 MS to clear stock but also to maximise Q4 revenues. It may not be as obvious with the last quarter due to the Musk email but I am sure that there will be some discounting.

We shall see!