Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla UK pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jees , someone should write Tesla purchasing for Dummies (or all the people who didn't wade thro every bit of the small print) which brings me on to a related item . I read yesterday re: the free supercharging ending / modded that the original (existing) terms were only good for 4 years ---first I''ve heard of it or was I napping again

I read yesterday re: the free supercharging ending / modded that the original (existing) terms were only good for 4 years ---first I''ve heard of it or was I napping again

What is that in regard to?

Supercharging has no limit to "life" (except that it is woolly as to what the definition of "life" is ... might be your ownership of the car, or the lifetime of the car - regardless of whether the owner changes). I haven't heard of any change of ownership, to date, which has not also transferred the benefit of unlimited Supercharging (even CPOs) ... but I also think that Tesla could choose to interpret "life" differently in the future, if they choose to, and undoubtedly will for their own second hand sales. My best guess is that not enough Teslas have been built, to date, to swamp the supercharger network, so introducing pay-as-you-go from January onwards will balance the number of people charging with the number of stalls that have been rolled out. More-or-Less !

But maybe you were referring to something else?

I can't see "free data" ending any time soon. Tesla get the better end of the deal with all the telemetry data that goes back to them so they can improve and adapt AutoPilot. It will be even more important with "Fully Autonomous" systems.

Why not?
Tesla can still keep the logging and AP related features free, but charge for additional services such as navigation/spotify/internet/email(i wish) and Calendar integration. In fact I think this is exactly the way they are going and understandably too, though I should add that I am very happy with free.

Tesla prices for new cars are really low in the UK now compared to other countries because of the value of the Pound. Tesla plan to increase prices January 15. If I knew someone in the UK that could order a EU-spec (LHD) for me before January 15, I would get a new car with autopilot 2.0.